Spread some happiness

Gneiss!

2 Likes

Due to FLP° I was lured into a lovely afternoon nap

°Feline Lap Paralysis - being unable to move because a cat is napping on you

7 Likes

I dunno if this is the right spot, but I’m rather proud that my focus tonight produced some decent handwriting for my young friend’s birthday card. Next up is to form it into a scroll and tie it up. I get to go to his Harry Potter themed party on Saturday!

4 Likes

Listed out old printer for free on eBay , got a “buyer” within 10 minutes.

She also took a lot of our varied flea market style junk - we have been asking ourself how to get rid of it all so it was a definite win-win.

One person’s trash is another person’s treasure

4 Likes

beside getting a new fanny pack the other day I also discover Giant Tiger has Steam cards. I was looking into something else really when I found the Steam cards so it means I don’t have to go to a mall, or a stand alone EB Games/Gamestop to get Steam Cards

:hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog::hedgehog:

Watched 2 episodes of Murdoch this evening and the last one ended on something of a cliffhanger. I really hope we can watch again soon.

1 Like

Not sure wether to put this in frustration or happiness. On April 1, 2021 I started working on a detatched workshop/ garage on my property. (I’ve posted pics in another thread) Today I finally got the final final all done approval from the city. This project went on for 15 months of which 3 months were actually active building time and a YEAR was paperwork and inspections and drawings and more paperwork and more inspections. I spent more money on surveys, engineering inspections, and city fees than I spent on all of my construction materials. No one had any problems with any of my plans at any point. Heck Im an engineer myself but they still made me pay for an engineering firm to review my plan and say it looks good. The level of beuracracy is beyond insanity.

But its finally approved so time to celebrate. Except for the fact I cant use it because the city is telling me I cant install an AC.

2 Likes

I’ve just got back from my favourite cat cafe! I love that place.

Also, Jim Daly releases his “92 English Football League Clubs 22/23” song in just over an hour, the new EFL season starts tomorrow, and England play Germany in the Women’s Euros final on Sunday! Come on, Lionesses!

EDIT: Jim Daly’s song is now live, and he retweeted my comment!! explodes with footiefangirl delight

6 Likes

Made a pub look piratey. Was a LOT of fun! :grin::grin::grin::grin: Was happy enough to start laughing. Though when I laugh it’s less “laughing” and more “maniacally cackling” and people’s reaction to that makes me laugh harder. So I may have traumatised some poor person who heard manic cackles at just past midnight, but I’m sure they’ll be fine :skull_and_crossbones:

4 Likes

Took a nap this afternoon. I woke up to Sammy sleeping by my legs. This is the first time it’s happened. Don’t get me wrong, he loves sleeping in my room, but he usually sleeps in my computer chair.

Neither cat will sleep by my head, though. I guess that’s still Smokey’s spot to them.

5 Likes

It rained for about half an hour here! Its been a couple months since the last rain, and I got to play in it barefoot for a bit! It did not cool down anything, though. It stayed 94°F, so it was quite a warm rain. But it cleaned my rental car off some, so I’m happy.

2 Likes

People want to have their houses smell like Candy when they use candles? Since not only is their lifesavers and skittles candles but there’s also is S’mores, Mike&Ike, Licorice, Starburst, York Peppermint, Jolly Rancher, Peeps, Reese, Phillisbury and Hostess candles?

England won the Women’s Euros! That’s how you do it, lads!

Hear the Lionesses roar! :lion: :lion: :lion: :soccer: :soccer: :soccer:

2 Likes

Took our nearly 7-year-old cat Avery for his checkup and shots.

He was completely and perfectly behaved while the vet poked and prodded him, put flea medicine on his neck and ear mite meds in his ears, and even when he got his nails clipped and got his shots. If he got scared or upset, he just buried his face in my mom’s chest and accepted it. No fighting whatsoever.

I’ve has cats who were well behaved at the vet, but none this well behaved. To think that the last time we couldn’t even get him out of the carrier.

5 Likes

Wow! Last time I went to the vet Oreo got so scared he peed on me.

2 Likes

I used to have a dog that was terrified of vets. Only time he ever was well behaved was the morning he happened to jump up on the counter and steal a stack of pancakes before we went.

Just carb coma through the whole thing.

2 Likes

Avery peed in his carrier on the way there, although considering the last cat who left in a carrier didn’t come back, we don’t blame him.

But as for the actual visit, he was perfectly behaved. Even the vet was impressed.

2 Likes

Our Leo is just the same, he just sticks his head in my elbow and tries to hide.

Sammy is curious and wants to explore the room, greet the vet, sniff around and shows no signs of fear or distress. :smile: “Oh, you’re going to stick that needle into me. Okay. Here, I’ll headbutt you first. Oooh, look a thingy-thing, that’s cool! And woooow, more thingies! Coolest place ever!!”

6 Likes

so I see the China story I posted is on NAR site ( Tourist whom wanted fried rice at a noodle place , and the earlier tourist whom “doesn’t eat Chinese food”)

1 Like