Small talk and general chit chat

How long have you been living afloat?

2 Likes

Since 2016. We might be selling her though :sleepy::sob::sob: Damn you covid

You might have a buyer in @Murdocku at the very least!

1 Like

Wauw, beautiful. I actually might have to learn how to sail :joy:

2 Likes

Do it! Sailing is amazing. I love sailing through the night :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Do you think we should chip in for a NAR sailboat?

2 Likes

Nah, we’ve been sailing with customers for years. No more! That’s at least something good that came from covid

1 Like

I’m more of a motorboat guy myself. Don’t know why, since my mother actually went to sailing school, half the time learning, half the time teaching beginners.

1 Like

I personally enjoy the sedate lifestyle of the narrowboat. I’ll throw up a picture or two from days gone by if I can locate the relevant external HDD.

2 Likes

Any boat is better than no boat :))

1 Like

That’s for sure.
I wanted to do a boattrip through Holland last year, but prices were very high, especially going solo. I hope to do so one of these years though.

1 Like

What kind of trip? :blush: Like on canals or on the ocean?

1 Like

Canals. Start small. When I was 12 and 13, I was on a camping with my best friend, with full view of the water. It looked so nice, all those people coming by, waving and stuff.

1 Like

Only boat I have access to.

4 Likes

I’m sure it’s lovely.

I’ve heard a lot of good things about sailing in the Netherlands. Seems like everyone learns how to sail on the IJselmeer

1 Like

It even has a picture of my boyfriend!

1 Like

My grandparents actually had a sailboat themselves. My mom learned where they had their boat. A lot smaller then IJsselmeer, but also a lot more challenging, not having open waters everywhere.

2 Likes

It sank earlier. A kraken-child pulled it and him beneath the bath waves.

2 Likes

Any debree surfaced again?

1 Like

I’m sure I saw an eye patch floating around somewhere…

1 Like