Happy 2023! What is something you're looking forward to this year?

This could be something big or small - just that it’s something you’re excited to do/see/make, etc.

1 Like

Well next month my friends and I are going on a sleigh ride. I’m really looking forward to that. It’s on my bucket list and I really wanted to do it with Aunt June. But we never got to. So we’re doing it in her honor.

6 Likes

That sounds like a really fun thing to do and nice to do it in your aunt’s honor.

3 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile: I’ll see if I can find a nice picture of her to take with me.

3 Likes

I think that would be nice. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m going to Newcastle on Thursday for my birthday.

Husband and I are booked into both cat cafes!

Can’t think of anything else at the moment, apart from the usual Rovers, Belles, cat cafes, and quizzing.

5 Likes

I didn’t go in, but i saw there is a cat cafe in Grand Central shopping centre in Birmingham; this is the shopping centre above Birmingham New Street train station.

It’s next door to Karen’s Cafe. I didn’t go in that one either, but it is themed about giving extremely lousy service!

4 Likes

I’ve been to that one. It’s part of the Kitty Cafe chain, and isn’t the greatest.

Slow service, and the staff do nothing about people breaking the rules. When we went, we barely saw any cats because some people were feeding them tuna and cream - against the rules! - while the staff watched and smirked.

The best cat cafe we’ve been to in the Midlands is A Slice Of Purrfection in Solihull. Run by two lifelong friends, it’s exactly what a cat cafe should be like! It’s also very reasonably priced for an hour’s entry - £3.95.

Cat cafes are usually around £6, £7 per hour.

4 Likes