After Hitting the Submit Button

Does anyone else click submit and then immediately remember a detail that probably should’ve been included? I just did that. I forgot to mention that the reason I was expecting a family member to pay for X, Y, and Z and not just the entrance ticket was because the story happened the day after my birthday. Family Member specifically said it was her treat for my birthday, missing my sister’s, and for my graduation. Now I just come across kinda entitled for expecting someone else to pay for all the things I wanted…

:sweat_smile: Ah well it was getting a little long anyways, and besides, that’s what the comment section is for. Anyone else forget to include a little (or big) detail that shifts the tone of a submission?

All the time. When I first started submitting stories, I frequently forgot certain details and it wound up bothering me.
Now I reread through the submission at least three times to make sure I didn’t forget anything

1 Like

Out of interest, how long does it take between a story getting submitted and the story getting published/sent into the infernal depths?

1 Like

I suspect it varies depending on whether or not there is a specific event it can go with. Halloween stories get posted today, similarly with Black Friday, Easter, Christmas.

Subject to all manner of things, from personal experience I’ve noticed that NARelated can be as little as 10 days, NAW about 4 or 5 months, NAF about 8 months and NAR about 6 or 7 years.

Plague stories do jump the queue as I’m pretty sure the 'rona wasn’t happening 7 years ago…

2 Likes

I had a friend submit something to NAR, and it took 3-4 years for it to be published.
A lot of my stuff has been on the site (one of my stories was published today!) and it’s usually taken anywhere between 2 weeks to 6 months depending.

2 Likes

Cool! Which one’s yours?

This one right here

2 Likes