Would you rather... (Polls on Mundane Things)

Because the forum bot introduced to me the fact that we have Polls:
Time for a game of finding out what mundane choices you prefer!

I’m just curious what kind of split we’ll have for questions like “pancakes or waffles”, “Dark Mode or Light Mode” “Chocolate or Vanilla” and other minor things we all form irrationally strong opinions about.

So go ahead and vote, lurk and maybe even defend your irrelevant hill! I’ll probably post other things in the thread from time to time, but feel free to join in with your own questions and answers!

The first question:
Light or Dark Mode?

Personally, since I’m a night owl that uses the computer for far too long, I prefer dark mode on sites because the white background is blinding on most screens. Dark mode’s just nicer on the eyes, in my opinion.

What about you? Does the light call you? Do you prefer the contrast? Do you not care about this petty decision between app and website backgrounds?
The internet wants to know!

• Light Mode
  • Dark Mode
  • Whatever the Default Mode is

0 voters

4 Likes

I’ll keep on going with the next one. What’s your favorite time of the year?

• Spring
  • Summer
  • Autumn
  • Winter

0 voters

1 Like

Also, black mode! I also use the “eye protection” (freely translated from what it’s called in my phone) that gives everything a sepia-like colour instead of white

1 Like

Yeah, I got one of those too, makes it a bit nicer on the eyes at night.

And for your question:

Autumn!

• Cool weather, just crisp enough to feel fresh
  • Holidays that involve food (Halloween, Thanksgiving)
  • Fancy leaves
  • (My birthday lol)
1 Like

I started on personal computers that had black screen with green writing. Sometimes the reverse. One or more experiences of turning from the screen after a long session and finding the real world coloured pink. Maybe strictly “magenta”.

Anyway, black print on a white screen, which is what you got on paper anyway, seemed like progress.

1 Like

I don’t use my phone very much to be honest, but on my computer, I use a mix of 2 different Chrome extensions to kind of force dark modes on sites that don’t have one built-in. I’m spoiled and can’t live without them now since “light mode” gives me headaches after a while :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Next Question!

Pancakes or Waffles?

• Pancakes
  • Waffles

0 voters

lol every time I see this poll around the internet, it usually ends up dead 50-50 so let’s see how tight this one ends up.

I do enjoy both, but I like the crispy waffle a bit more. If it was blueberry pancakes vs a regular waffles. I would pick the pancake.

2 Likes

I will take either, or French toast, or eggs Benedict, or any carb-heavy breakfast please. I want to stuff my face at 11am and nap until dinner

5 Likes

How do you like your bacon?

• Crispy
  • Chewy
  • Either
  • Neither - hate/can’t eat bacon

0 voters

1 Like

The question of all questions, a pickle on your burger, yay or nay?

• OH YES, give it to me
  • Hell no!!

0 voters

1 Like

Depends on the pickle. Like if its a more sweet pickle than no, but if it’s the regular vingery pickle then yes.

1 Like

I can grudgingly accept pickles, but I really don’t like them.
Usually, I can just pass it off to anyone else in my family.

This became a problem when I moved on my own and could never remember to say “no pickles” and would constantly feel bad about wasting food. (And disliking the bitter taste)
(Order apps are my friend because then I remember)

2 Likes

Chocolate or Vanilla? but this time I’m going to add a few extra options and let you pick multiple ones. Battle it out for the best flavoring.
(I’m assuming ice cream, but enough things come in different flavors, you can pick whatever thing you like. But if you’ve got specific ones that are better in one flavor or another, then go ahead and comment!)

• Chocolate
  • Vanilla
  • Strawberry
  • Caramel
  • Other fruit
  • No sweets for me!

0 voters

Personally, I’m a sucker for fruits, but I’ve got a massive sweet tooth and will happily take any flavor, especially if it’s something new or different. Usually I prefer vanilla over chocolate, but still enjoy the other flavors just as much.

1 Like

I picked vanilla because it’s versatile. Vanilla ice cream with coffee, vanilla ice with fresh fruit, vanilla ice with jams. All yummy!

Wish I could give chocolate a -1, because I’m allergic

1 Like

I will take that chocolate off your hands for you!

2 Likes

I also like raspberry!

2 Likes

Is it something on my end, or do the results with so many choices also not appear correctly for others? For me, Chocolate’s square and C is chopped off, then Vanilla, Strawberry, Caramel and Other fruit look fine, and of the last option, I only see S F. I’ve tried changing zoom, it didn’t help.

1 Like

I’m on desktop and don’t see anything amiss with it. But this one is a different poll mechanism (Multiple choice and pie chart instead of single choice and graph defaults) than the other ones, so maybe something ended up weird with the formatting.

Weird, this is what I see.

I tried in three different browsers (Vivaldi, Opera, Edge). No idea why it’s chopped off like this.
(But I don’t want to derail the thread further, so I’ll leave it at this.)

On-topic, my top pick is caramel, with choco as a close second.