What's your favorite autumn activity that you're looking forward to?

We know everyone’s hot - PotatoPercy’s namesake looks like a puddle of melted fur. So what are your plans for autumn?

my only plan for autumn is the Murdoch mysteries interprovincial trip in late Sept

3 Likes

Taking my melty dogs on walks in the fall colors. Nice and crisp so I don’t have to carry a crapton of water.

2 Likes

I will start working full time, until then I’m enjoying the summer while working part time

3 Likes

Being able to wear my jackets.

I picked up a nice suede jacket this past spring from a local food pantry’s clothes closet, and have yet to be able to wear it. I’d like to give it a try.

2 Likes

Wearing long sleeve T-shirts.

3 Likes

Would I be too much of a caveman if I say football and hunting season?

Id say I was looking forward to coold weather but in my part of the world that is sadly less of an autumn thing and more of a “maybe a week or two in the middle of winter” thing.

4 Likes

Beer festival! I run one at a small heritage railway every September. Although I suppose that it’s also SWMBO and I’s anniversary too… :yum:

4 Likes

Not at all! I’ve never gone hunting, but I used to fish. As for football, a certain relative of the feminine persuasion is a die-hard Chiefs fan. (Her mother was too, but she’s been gone for about 22 years now.)

3 Likes

My friend is starting up another urban shadows campaign (the one I loved so much last year) when the school year starts. This one set in New Orleans, and I’ve already made a werewolf character for it

3 Likes

Yessss werewolf!

1 Like

3 Likes

People hate on PS but like. Y’all realize it’s just cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, and all the other amazing yummy spices that EVERYONE LIKES.

3 Likes

Cardamom in particular is often used to flavor Turkish coffee. It’s delicious.

2 Likes

Exactly! And whether or not my humanoid form cannot handle the strains of the bean of coffee doesn’t mean I don’t constantly wish I could have it.

1 Like

For me its not the spices its the sugar. Some mom and pop places make good ones but the mainstream ones all have waaaaaaaaay too much sugar for my taste.

If I remember right a starbucks grande Pumpkin spice latte has something like 50g of sugar in it.

3 Likes

My plans for Spring are to get out of the house more. Maybe take a day trip into Wellington if it’s a nice day and I’m feeling motivated.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I will be taking eleventy billion photgraphs of different kinds of fungi, since my local wood is ancient woodland and has a truly incredibly number of them from late September on.

And then I will be going home and eating my bodyweight in baked apple.

3 Likes

I also am looking forward to October when my friends and I go to the shore for the weekend. The place we stay has an indoor pool and jacuzzi. It’s a nice relaxing weekend.

2 Likes