What's something you'd like to see on NAR?

What are some threads you’d like to see on the forum?
Alternatively (like CJR and Cleopatra have mentioned elsewhere) is there a feature like a bot or style of post/forum category you’d like to have added?

3 Likes

I’m hoping this idea might still be waiting in the wings for implementation: Suggest a Title.

Here’s hoping!

3 Likes

Fun suggestion! We’ll definitely have to talk logistics if we do this, but it’s a great way to get everyone here more involved in the main page for sure!

1 Like

I have suggested it elsewhere, but… if a story in Unfiltered gets a certain no. of votes, it can get promoted to the main site?
I know I’m not the only one who has commented that sometimes good stories slip through the net. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How about a Not Always Religious category? We have enough stories of the crazy religious people and yes Im speaking as a Christian.

1 Like

Good idea! There are definitely stories that should get more attention!

2 Likes

We’ll include it on our list for sure!

2 Likes

Can we have a Gaming sub-forum please? It may boost traffic related to our ongoing forum games and would be useful if we get a forum game bot.

Speaking of game bots -

2 Likes

You know, I might even be able to do you one better and y’all can tag us in it for us to send to the big kids upstairs. However this is also on the list!

1 Like

Maybe a way to search for multiple tags simultaneously?

Like I might remember an old pizza story in Michigan and want to search for stories that only contain both tags.

5 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion! :slight_smile:

These are great guys, keep it up!

2 Likes

There was a bit of a debate on a CFH story yesterday and I think its reasonable to say that it ended in somewhat violent agreement that there should be an easier way to filter/categorise the stories to keep everybody happy.

Given the demise of the CFH site ; the influx of their stories and audience on NAR and the frequent differences of opinion on the CFH style of narratives is there any way that their stories could be given their own category heading for easy reference? I know that you can click the CFH tag already but as somebody pointed out, you can’t turn it off on the main feed.

Something like Not Always Professional maybe?

2 Likes

I like the idea, but Not Always Professional sounds (on the face of it) as a lot like NAW. How about Not Always Clients?

4 Likes

Yeah, that would work better than Professional. Would Not Always Hellish be too on the nose?

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback on that! Do you mind sharing the story for some context? If it’s causing repeated issues we can take a look at renaming it.

3 Likes

I don’t know if ghis is the story @AlienToasterRepairs was referring to, but this recent story does have quite the discussion.

3 Likes

It certainly was. I apologize for my role in it btw but it was verging close on acrimony at times.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, as @PotatoPercy said, we’ll take a look and determine whether renaming the story would be helpful.

2 Likes

I don’t think the title of the story is the issue, but more a way of easily identifying CfH stories. Unless you’re thinking of prefixing the title with something like “Clients from Hell: [Title]”

2 Likes

Got it, you’d like these stories to be categorized in a certain format. Making note!

4 Likes