What time of day do you read NAR?

I tend to read NAR just as I wake up in between snoozing my alarm and actually joining the land of the living. The short stories help get the brain juice going.

I wonder if anyone else has a routine of when they read NAR?

3 Likes

I try to keep up to date on stories throughout the day. It’s kind of harder when my computer is being the unreasonable one.

2 Likes

Usually evening or at night when winding down and catching up on random internet content. It’s when I’m on the computer so I’ll go through most of the newest stories up to where I last read. (sometimes if I skipped a few days I give up on attempting to catch up: three days and that’s way too may stories lol)

1 Like

Huh so there are foums now? Anyway I usually read NAR in the evening/night.

1 Like

I think this is the first time someone’s said there are TOO MANY stories. Usually the comments we get are:

5 Likes

I’ve a pretty good idea what the schedule is, so I’m usually hanging around the appropriate category at the time of release of the next story.

And as I get a LOT of notifications, I try and keep up with them throughout the day in small bitesize chunks otherwise it can take a loooong time to get through them all.

3 Likes

And now you get to manage two sets of them!

…here, have an updoot. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, the topic: I’m an all-day reader. I’ll probably wear out my F5 key at some point.

3 Likes

I’ll probably wear out my F5 key at some point.

It’s okay. You can still right click and click refresh. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I read on my breaks at work. It helps me feel less like I’m the only one dealing with the crazy public/coworkers

1 Like

I used to read every other day at around 6 pm, nowadays I read whenever I remember, which is usually around midnight, spending over an hour to catch up because the last time I checked the new posts was like a week and a half ago lol

1 Like

I read throughout the day. Often when I am having lunch or I need a break from my laptop (read on my phone). I don’t have a set day.

1 Like

I spend quite a lot of time browsing the stories on Not Always Right . I have a look whenever I am sitting at my computer with a few minutes to spare. Since we are in lock-down here in Canberra, Australia, that means a large part of the day. Reading the stories keeps me in contact with the outside world.

I must admit that much of the time I’m looking to see if any of my own stories have been posted. I’ve had one posted so far, and a couple more are somewhere in the queue. I have to keep hoping . . . .

Mostly I like the stories that are a bit strange, like me! (I have Asperger’s Syndrome). And I prefer funny ones to those that are too serious, and short, sharp ones to those that go on too long.

Raven

3 Likes

No set time here. NAR is basically just a way for me to occupy myself when i’m bored, or need a distraction while doing something else, so it’s open in a tab pretty much all day every day for me to browse through as i need it.

3 Likes

I nibble read throughout the day.

3 Likes

All day, honestly. I like being able to catch early parts of the discussions.

3 Likes

I used to spend a lot of the time during the day browsing stories on Not Always Right, particularly as we are in lock-down here and going out is discouraged. But I have now cut my viewing down to a quick look once a week.

I look at the stories for a bit of relaxation and amusement, but I don’t see many funny or amusing stories any more. Many of the stories are so similar that they aren’t interesting. Many are just plain silly.

And, of course, there are always people who want attention and think that the whole world is waiting with bated-breath for their boringly dull life-story.

Also, I am starting to find a lot of the stories offensive. Some are discriminatory and many show bad attitudes towards other people, particularly those who are elderly, mentally challenged or are acting a bit strangely. Since I fit rather loosely into this description myself I find some of the stories personally offensive and disturbing.

Other stories just seem to be an excuse for ranting about some slight or offense that the teller feels has been deliberately aimed at themselves. Instead of just taking life as it comes, and perhaps laughing at fate, they seem determined to strike back hard at a world and the people they have to deal with, who in their opinion, have picked them out for unfair treatment.

I don’t find any of this amusing or interesting.

Stories about people’s strange actions and foibles can be made funny without becoming offensive. Indeed, these are the stories I like as they appeal to my fascination with people and their differences. As long as the subjects are treated with sympathy and compassion these stories can be very amusing, rewarding and instructive. In most cases they just show the intolerant attitude of the person telling the story.

I do appreciate a good joke, even if sometimes it is at someone else’s expense. A joke can often defuse a difficult or awkward situation, or take down an overly arrogant, selfish, self-centred bully. But shaming a person who has unfortunately got themselves into an embarrassing situation from which they can’t back out gracefully is simply not funny.

Raven

2 Likes

I’m with RR8, in that NAR is part of my wakeup routine.

2 Likes

I read the new stories every morning and pop in every so often during the day.

I drop in randomly depending on my mood (and in the hope of finding stories that don’t already have over 100 comments on them) but the main time for me is shortly after waking up, when I ought to be getting ready for work…

2 Likes