They should be called out.

7 Likes

absolutely, every time.

2 Likes

Dirk :grin:

2 Likes

lol! good one.

1 Like

Is there really a need to have a male and female name for an unbearable cus(s)tomer? If we’re inventing/choosing a name, shouldn’t we strive for something gender-neutral? Yes, I know Karen is already ingrained, but since we’re out to change the status quo anyway…
But, to actually choose something topic-relevant, I’ll go with Chad – it sounds like chud.

6 Likes

I’ve always thought it should be Frank, after Frank Burns from MASH.

5 Likes

I like chad.

I read somewhere it should be Elon, for obvious reasons if you follow a certain someone’s exploits with twitter, who espoused free speech for all, then banned anyone who said anything against him.

2 Likes

“Elon” is also good because there are far fewer people with the same first name in real life, compared to the other suggestions.

3 Likes

Elon.

Chad is already a name for rich jock types that tend to be brainless, Ken and Keith don’t have the same Zing as Karen.

3 Likes

Fourthed for Elon. Though if we can’t use that for legal reasons, there’s always Muskmelon.

Kevin has the same pattern as Karen.

4 Likes

Elon definitely stands out and has some memorable associations.

I like the suggestion of Muskmelon! Though I’d be okay with Elon, if Muskmelon is too cumbersome. :smile:

I do wish using “Karen” as a name for unreasonable women hadn’t become so common. I have two sisters-in-law named Karen, and neither of them would behave like the stereotypical “Karen”. Oh well, nobody asked me for my opinion on that when it was decided to use that name. lol

4 Likes

The downside of using any real-life name for a disliked personality type is that no matter how obscure it is (which Karen really isn’t), it will cause someone to be mistreated.

I share a first name with a popular slasher movie villain. One of the many bullies I dealt with in school teased me specifically because of this.

On that note, I’d second Muskmelon, even though I love the taste of musk melons (which are called cantaloupe here, while cantaloupe are called honeydew–the US can be weird at times). If not that, Frank would be good too, if for no other reason than there’s a fictional character with that name that is the perfect image of a male Karen (the aforementioned Frank Burns from the series MASH).

3 Likes

Darren

2 Likes

hence Darren

Yeah, “Ken” should be someone saying “Come on Barbie, let’s go party” :grin:

2 Likes

I thought Chad was already its own thing…

4 Likes