What’s cooking?

What’s everyone having/had for dinner? I’m making chicken croquettes and gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans.

1 Like

Stuffed turkey rolls with a sweet pepper sauce and some veggies on the side :beers:

I don’t have a picture because I already ate it. Polish sausage, gluten and dairy free mac n cheese, riced veggies (the frozen kind).

whatever my Mom’s cooking. I wish it was Asian food we didn’t have it this weekend.

That looks so good. Recipe?

1 Like

1.you need thin filets of your prefered meat, I used turkey here. Fill with whatever treasures you can find in the fridge, I usually use cheese, diced bacon and herbs, but it depends on what I’ve got at home. Make small packages (or rolls if you’re skilled)

1. Brown on all sides, remove from the pan

2. Make your sauce, this time I did a sweet pepper one, but a red whine sauce would be great too. I glazed some onions, garlic and sweet peppers. Added Greek joghurt and vegetable stock, tossed in some salt, pepper, paprika. Add the meat back in and slow cook on a low temperature until the meat is done

3. Remove the meat shortly before serving, use a hand mixer to ge the sauce smooth and chunk free. Reduce if it’s too watery

4. Eat :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Does anyone else watch Chef John from Food Wishes.com?
I used to think his voice was kinda weird but I love his sense of humor and wide variety of easy recipes. Also he is very forgiving of using an inefficient tool, trying something and it doesn’t work out, and just generally being imperfect in the kitchen.

Also all his recipes are frigging delicious. His lemonade was no joke!!

Tonight’s dinner was pig’s heart lasagne.

Chop up half an onion and fry until browned. Add a few chopped chilies and fry for a few minutes. Add one pack (~360g) chopped pig’s heart including juices and fry until browned. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in passata and squeeze in some tomato puree. Stir.

Layer meat sauce and dried lasagne sheets, with the top layer being meat. Top with coarsely grated cheese, sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and bake at 200C for 35 minutes.

Before anyone asks “why no bechemel?”, I simply didn’t have room in my chosen lasagne baking dish.

As for the flavour? It tasted offal. :grin:

Chicken and apple sausage with butternut spirals. I cheated on the spirals and used frozen.

Speaking of cheating, a cheat’s bechemel can be made by cracking an egg into a large tub of cottage cheese and whisking.

A small tub solidifies a little too much. It’s like having layers of scrambled egg through the lasagne.

1 Like

I know what’s cooking tonight -fritters& Korean veggies