What’s cooking today?

We don’t need to measure anything for spagetthi. And Mom doesn’t measure anything for her Korean food not that we need it this weekend since a certian someone’s b-day is on Monday

1 Like

Carmalized Plaintains:

1 Like

I was treated for my birthday dinner: Steak tartare followed by Cotes Du Bouef

4 Likes

ordering Chinese food for supper. And having leftovers on Thursday

@PublishedAuthor
Well we were going to be ordering Chinese food for dinner we’re ending up with pizza instead do to Chinese resturant being closed today. So i’m really, really, really upset about it. Pizza isn’t special like Chinese food is on my birthday.

I’m going to having to take a walk over there on Wednesday to make sure its actually open on Thursday which is my parents’ anniversary

We’re going to have to be checking every birthday to make sure the place is open from now on because this is the 2nd time this has happened

1 Like

Dill salmon with “root mash” and a mixed salad

:blush:

2 Likes

Help, please!

A colleague gave me some quails eggs! I plan on having them tomorrow. Never had them before… any tips, please? I have 9 of them

2 Likes

Lunch from the last day of my holiday :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A tiny omlette?

1 Like

And I’m finally getting the Chinese food I should have been able to get on Monday.

Can you make like, little bruschettas or something? What do quail eggs taste like?!

1 Like

Well it’s going to be actual hot dogs today and Dad’s not a fan of hot dogs because for all we know it could have who knows what in it.

I didn’t know what a bruschetta was, but having seen it’s basically tomatoes, i won’t be doing that (thanks for the suggestion though!)

I found this site, so might try soft boiled eggs on melba toast, and perhaps sprinkle some paprika.

Never tasted quails eggs before, so i have no idea!

I tell you what… these are not easy to shell! Two minutes in boiling water, run under cold tap, then spend about fifteen minutes shelling the buggers.

They do taste nice though! A bit like duck eggs

3 Likes

My friend is raising quail.

1 Like

Chuckled at the bread-to-egg ratio :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Is this a thing where you live?

The nutri (nutrition) score can be found of plenty of things here, it’s been around for a while.

The second one, Haltungsform, describes the form of pasture/keeping of the animals. This one is obviously only found on meat products. This label is 100000% effective on me. My conscience won’t allow me to buy meat from a label-1 animal (caged), I always try to pick the best possible posture, even though it costs more

2 Likes

Not as such in the UK. There are various schemes but nothing down as legislation yet. However eggs must be labelled as to their type (Caged, Barn, Free Range). There is a campaign for clearer labelling though.

3 Likes

@Sillsallad and anybody else interested.

These are the schemes active in the UK:

1 Like

In the US they only have that in places like Whole Foods (organic grocer for anyone who doesn’t know). You can also find this in some smaller, online-order businesses or “regional” companies that work with local farmers.

1 Like