What’s cooking today?

Thank you. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s still hot and I fancied making some cold desserts with the fruits I had previously picked or been given:

• on the left, a pear sorbet that was still in its granita form when I took the photo.
  • on the right, a blackberry ice cream after my roommates and I each got our serving.
  • at the bottom: both desserts in a bowl, ready to be savoured. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So, I was wanting beef today. Which is rare, so I swung by the store and picked up some cheaper eye of round steaks. I probably should’ve looked up how to cook them, but just did it the way I cook strip steak at work. Any more done than I’m guessing med rare and they’d be a bit tough. Made some instant mashed potatoes, but I’ve no veggies at home right now.

I’ve one more yet to cook, and was thinking about taking it camping and grilling it Friday night, but if y’all have any other good ways to cook it, I’m listening.

1 Like

If you’re going camping, do you have a dutch oven of some sort?
I tend to do a lot of meat - including steaks - in a cast iron casserole in the oven. It always turns out amazingly tender!!

1 Like

Making a new Taco dish. a Soup dish!

2 Likes

I had a cheesesteak quesadilla for dinner. Nothing exciting but yummy.

2 Likes

I made fried rice tonight with paneer. The onion, bell peppers, and serrano are some of the frozen supply I keep just in case I need any, the serranos being from my parent’s garden last season. It was spicier than I thought it would be, so a glass of peach tea and then a glass of whole milk later, I still didn’t finish off the rice. I guess that’s a benefit of too spicy food - I’ll fill up faster due to the liquids I have to use to get the spicy to not burn my mouth.

1 Like