What makes you laugh?

I think it’s fair to say the last couples of years haven’t been that great. So I started wondering what makes people laugh, and wondering if anyone wishes to share?

This video clip makes me laugh every single time. The last couple of viewings I tried not to, but I still lost it big time.

Caution: Adult humour; contains material that is not safe for work

Apparently what was broadcast was seriously cut down from the original recording because of the excessive amount of laughter, which might have also included the camera crew.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

the couple of times be “being an alien” comes to mind (mostly getting pop or milk up my nose), or my spelling mistakes.

1 Like

Most of the time it’s because of my boyfriend’s shenanigans

3 Likes

I joke at a lot of things, and half the time my sense of humor is broken and I laugh at things too dumb or incoherent to mention, but the video on my premier list of “Videos I rewatch when I want a quick laugh” is this Legend of Spyro parody/recap video.
It’s very well made and also hilarious. Doesn’t fail to crack a smile even as I’ve watched it to death. (I don’t think you need to know the game plot, especially since Spyro has a simple and fairly standard video game plot anyway)

2 Likes

Can relate to that. My boyfriend is very fond of puns, and often has the impeccable timing to catch me by surprise with one.

2 Likes

I like reading Reddit stories personally. Military Stories, Malicious Compliance, Revenge, etc.

1 Like

The Elephant Skit on the Carol Burnett Show makes me laugh every time! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY

(As an aside – Yay! This is my first post here on the forums! I hope the link works. lol)

2 Likes

if you can find it about the Carol Burnet skit where she spoof the end of Gone With the Wind with the curtain? (complete with rod)

didn’t find it

2 Likes

Yep, the GWtW skit is also good, as is the dentist skit (with Tim Conway and Harvey Korman), and many others. We get a tv channel that plays Carol Burnett Show reruns every weeknight, so I get a lot of opportunities to watch the show.

My husband and I got to see Tim and Harvey in person when they were on tour several years ago, and they were still hilarious!

2 Likes

Yes! This one and the one where Tim Conway is the dentist and poor Harvey Korman is the patient!

Actually, a lot of the episodes of that show still crack me up.

3 Likes

hard to pick something specific. but most of the time it’s something my husband said/did. in the past, he had a habit of doing/saying something funny while I was drinking, resulting in me accidentally inhaling my drink. he’s gotten better at not accidentally making me choke on my beverages though.

3 Likes
2 Likes

If you haven’t yet, try the movie Noises Off!. Ideally watch it with at least one other person; the laughter builds even more that way. (Better yet, after the pandemic try to catch a stage performance of it. I first did when I was a teen visiting family in Los Angeles. None of us knew what it was going in, and it turned out to be amazing. By the second act, all three generations of us were laughing so hard we were having trouble breathing.)

For things available online, here’s an old favorite:

and here are some ancient hilarious discoveries:

And this is a magnificent but dark and NSFW one:

3 Likes

For example, this. Many of the posts (especially older, longer ones) are laugh-until-you-cry funny. I suggest starting with the classics, such as this. They are on the side, although as far as I can see, the pictures don’t load properly on them (they do load if you click on them, though) – but they have a “remastered” link to the same stories but with newer dates among the related stories at the bottom of each one.

3 Likes

Things that look rude has to be added to the list.

We have a crappy vertical ice cube maker (makes oval ice around a bucket in the middle). However the bucket in the middle wasn’t clipped in securely enough causing it to float and me needing to remove a 3/4" ice slab from the bottom, complete with ovals around the side. After a good thwack and careful extraction, part of the slab was attached to two ovals resulting in “boob ice”. SWMBO and I found it rather amusing.

No pictures were taken.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I really want to give a name to that pussy…

3 Likes

Just thought of another one - Monty Python’s Dead Parrot!

4 Likes

@Sugarhorns

419 Nigerian scammer style!

1 Like

I grew up in the seventies, and throughout my childhood, I would see a number of genteel adverts for Mr Kipling’s “exceedingly good cakes”, like these…

…and this style of advert continued for the next couple of decades. So warm and cosy, you could almost taste the sweet delights.

Then, in 2004, Mr Kipling released an advert completely different in style. I laugh every time I watch it, but I was not at all surprised to learn it received a lot of complaints and ultimately got banned.

1 Like