Weekly Cooking Challenge

Loaf of bread has been acquired for my entry!

2 Likes

I present to you…

El bocadillo de los gigantes!

But here, it will go by its more humble name…

JACK!

3 Likes

Hi, Jack!

1 Like

We have most of the farm pigs present with bacon, sausage, ham, pork chops and black pudding. We also have fried eggs in there too!

It’s called Jack after Jack the Giant Killer. Should give them a bloody heart attack! :grin:

So we have a draw between @Stephen 's bocadilla, my burger and @Keiko 's sandwich

The ruling Cook of the Week, @CJR, will have to announce the next winner

2 Likes

Essentially we have the following:

@Stephen - Sandwich with a twist, using tortillas instead of bread.

@Sillsallad - Looks like the most filling option with a good ratio of meat to greenery.

@Keiko - Simplicity. The sandwich gets its name from John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich. Legend says that he asked his valet to bring him meat between two slices of bread so that he could play cards without getting his hands messy, which this entry fulfils with ease.

Myself, I prefer something that is filling so I will be passing the chef hat onto…

@Sillsallad!

2 Likes

Thank you!

The third weekly challenge is to cook something using fresh herbs

Pat on the back bonus:
Using homegrown herbs

4 Likes

Does garlic count as a herb?

1 Like

" Though widely used as an herb or spice, garlic is botanically a vegetable."

It is not really what I had in mind either. But hey, I asked for creativity and I’m open for personal interpretations :slight_smile: So go ahead :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Garlic is neither, garlic is a magical, necessary part of every meal and I cannot be friends with people who don’t at least double the amount in every recipe.

4 Likes

Here we go!

Ham wrapped stuffed chicken (filled with red onions, fresh basil and mozzarella) with a caprese salad and yesterday’s left over potatoes revamped - baked them in the oven in olive oil, garlic and rosemary.

Wanted to smear pesto in the chicken breast, but the pesto had gone bad. Also, don’t blame me for the poor butterfly cut, the filets came that way :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Stir fry! With fresh basil and lettuce (yes, I added it because I needed to use it).

3 Likes

According to the all-knowing google, a herb is

any plant with leaves, seeds, or flowers used for flavouring, food, medicine, or perfume.

So the spring onion definitely counts and the garlic is a maybe. Which leads us to…

Chicken Noodle Soup! (well, technically chicken spaghetti soup because I couldn’t find noodles. But. Soup.)

3 Likes

Honestly quite proud of how these turned out.
I don’t know why I keep putting tomatoes on things. I hate them but I keep trying and just eventually pick half them off.

1 Like

We’ve got another draw between @Keiko and @RebeccaBlue !

As last week’s winner, I get to decide :wink:

Because I personally prefer chicken over other meats, I’m passing the crown on to @RebeccaBlue !

Congratulations! Please pick this week’s challenge :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Woo! :partying_face:

The fourth challenge is to cook a Curry.

Pat on the back bonus:
More specifically, a balti.

3 Likes

I will have to bow out this week. I’m allergic to several of the important ingredients in curry.

2 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t even think about that.

Don’t feel bad. I looked to see if I could find a safe one.

2 Likes

@Keiko feel free to join in with a curry inspired alternative:)

Maybe you can cook something thats served or prepared similar, and skip the spices :slight_smile:

Creativity and personal interpretations are always welcome

1 Like