Weekend Warriors - What are you doing?

It’s been so quiet in here, I wanted to shake off the “Back To School” jitters and hear from y’all about your weekend! What are your plans? Anything cool planned?

I can start - I am planning to either hit up the zoo or find another cute hiking place to take the dogs.

3 Likes

I have a course to become a table tennis trainer on sunday. First of 8 sessions and an internship, so I’m pretty exited for now.

2 Likes

Whoa that’s so cool!! I did not realize you could become a trainer for that!

2 Likes

I’ve a piano lesson on Saturday, and i need to see about hiring a car for later this month. On Sunday, weather permitting, I’ll go to Birmingham to have a look at the virtual garden exhibit they’ve got at Victoria Square. It’s only up for a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

that sounds like fun! :ping_pong: :tennis:

2 Likes

Installing a A/C system in my workshop, watching my favorite teams first football game of the year on Saturday.

And possibly going to buy a lathe on Sunday, though the price they are asking for it in the online listing is suspiciously low.

2 Likes

A virtual garden exhibit. That sounds interesting.

I’ll be here most of the time:

Apart from that, I’ll probably continue to experiment with some line art stuff I’ve been doing.

3 Likes

nothing but chillin’ on my computer playing games and swimming in the pool. I’m going to have the other two things I got from (Greek-Canadian) resturant in my town yesterday for lunch tomorrow after Dad and I heat it up.

3 Likes

York cat cafe tomorrow, Northampton for the British Quizzing Championships on Saturday (despite the fact that I’ll miss my beloved Doncaster Rovers at home to Mansfield), then Sunday is Doncaster Belles away at Solihull Moors, preceded by a return visit to the best cat cafe in the Midlands - A Slice Of Purrfection in Solihull!

I’ll then collapse in a heap.

4 Likes

Today is my dad’s 80th birthday so my mom is having a party for him Saturday. I’m making spinach dip and taking scoops with me. Other than that working.

6 Likes

Cat Cafe!!!

3 Likes

That reminds me I might make a belated birthday cake for Mom during the weekend.

4 Likes

Oh, line art is fun!!

2 Likes

Do you have your “own” train, or do you drive diffrrent ones depending on your shift and available routes?

I will be working this weekend, so pretty much this applies to me:

5 Likes

Cat cafes!

Husband and I go to a lot of them. We’re at the York one at least once a week, two hours at a time.

It gives us our feline endorphin boost for the week because, at the moment, we aren’t owned by any cats - we’re looking though! Our new landlord has given us permission for two.

4 Likes

I’m certified on different classes and routes. So it depends on the shift, which train I drive. It’s not always the same.

3 Likes

Saturday morning, I will be helping my 80-year-old mom get familiar with the computer that I helped her buy last week. I already have a bag full of stuff to take with me; I need to see if I still have a laptop sleeve to give her in addition to the two skins for the lid (these are old ones that I saved from my first laptop—very nice ones from Gelaskin) and the wedge / fan to go under it.

2 Likes

Going to spend Saturday seeing a nearby fashion museum (I hope they still have the ‘dress up in Georgian clothes’ activity!) and setting up my new iPad (if the screen protector has arrived by then). Or maybe starting on my next Open University course, because obviously two degrees and a Masters just isn’t enough.

Sunday I’m leading a hike in the Black Mountains - 15 miles, 4000 ft ascent, going across Mynydd Llangorse and up to Waun Fach - so I am not liking the rainy weather forecast!

4 Likes

Yay! I have that little black kitten I’ve posted around here, and she’s a joy. She’s currently attacking the curtains and running around the house.

6 Likes

Tomorrow a friend is spending the day and sleeping over. Then after he leaves Sunday morning for work, I’m walking to a park 45 minutes away for a BBQ and to help out at the booth of a local renter’s rights association I’m part of. Monday is a holiday, so since nobody has work I’m joining my whole family for an early birthday party for my mom, with another BBQ and swimming. Super excited for that, it’ll be my first time seeing my niblings in a month or two! And this isn’t over the weekend, but on the 13th my niece is having her birthday and I’m invited to that too.

2 Likes