Vent Your Frustrations!

I have a particularly annoying cousin in town for Thanksgiving. She was just bragging to me for the last 3 hours and has so far claimed:

Works 60 hours a week
Is in school for 40 hours a week
Works on a research project for 25 hours a week
Volunteers at the animal shelter 20 hours a week
Goes to the hospital for something like 10 hours a week for various illnessess she has to deal with
7 hours a week training for a marathin
16 hours a week volunteering to mentor young girls as part of her church work
Drives 2 hours each way every week to visit with her sick aunt

The more math minded among you might notice that she apparently 1) doesnt sleep and 2) has more than 24 hours in her day

7 Likes

Maybe she’s got a Time Turner for the additional 12 hours (plus sleep).

6 Likes

or a TARDIS?

2 Likes

Some of them could double up. Maybe all the volunteering is a subset of her work hours. The research project could be too, or part of schooling.

Still stretches the suspension of disbelief though.

4 Likes

Maybe you could do a combo of your choices. For instance, have it done at the cleaners once a year, and clean it at home two or three more times during the year, when the weather cooperates and you can hang it out to dry. It still stinks that it costs so much to have it done at the cleaners, though!

2 Likes

Ooh, I like how you think! Thanks for the suggestion! Cleaners in the winter, other options in the warmer months…

2 Likes

was about to suggest the same thing. That way it is clean and you still save money

2 Likes

it could be the notification reminder you have set to ‘on’? How To Fix Random Vibrations On Samsung Phones - S22 Ultra & S22 - YouTube

or it could be that your phone has haptic feedback turned on.

I’m really am in a bit of a hard place. We’re have almost ran out of the juices (apple/crannberry) that Mom had brought home from visiting my sister in (City(
apple juice cups

I need an alterative to Orange Juice or Water* for lunches for my main course of lunch for Wednesdays/Thursdays when I already have OJ for breakfast already and I don’t really want to have water when I already have something like 10cups a day of water (10.5cups if you include 1/2 of the coffee Dad makes me on Thursdays).

*Unless it’s s supper time I found plain water to be boring. So boring to the point that is why my sister introduced me to drink mixes. As well as the fact I got so tired of drinking plain water during trips I was so thrilled that I could get soda fountain drink in Germany at at (Golden arches) or have (Cola) drink on the plane back home.

** I had a simliar problem in my first year of college after so many years (Gr. 4-Gr.12) of having “plain” water in water bottles… I got so sick of it that my sister introduced me to drink mixes.

1 Like

I have at least two pairs of slippers but I can only find the left slipper of each!

2 Likes

We like the squeeze concentrate that we put in water to make it taste like grape, fruit punch, or whatever. But those tend to be sugar free, I know for some people that could be a problem.

Lemonade or tea powdered mixes also are ones that I like, but I try to avoid diet sweeteners.

Sometimes I’ll make a pot of black tea and refrigerate it so I can have iced tea whenever I want.

Water and I have an iffy relationship, sometimes it seems like it just likes to hang around in my stomach and not get absorbed.

2 Likes

I’m guessing drink mixes are not an option right now? My family likes the “water enhancers” because you can just add them to your glass (or bottle) of water, but that won’t work if you don’t want to have to wait until the next shopping trip.

1 Like

Thanks for that but I already have water enchancers for my two “big bottles” of water I have after my main course for lunch. I need something that not’s water (or water w/ water enchancer) for my main course with lunch only on the days I get up before 10am when I have Orange Juice with breakfast.

Image this: but replace the Gaterode drink in it, with water and a water enchancer- I have two of these in a day already-so I don’t really want to add even a a half of cup more of the drink enchacers as it is.
Gateroade bottle

1 Like

A FB poster who does wonderful stories about an imaginary cat and family hasn’t updated in over a month. Someone posted in the group looking to see what happened. Looks like he might have passed. It’s amazing how much we come to enjoy virtual strangers, and miss them when they are gone.

7 Likes

So sorry to hear that. There are a few names on NAR that have fallen silent too, like Raven Odette. No way of knowing if they left or died is very sad.

6 Likes

One of the webcomics I follow (a bad-pun-a-day type) is on a site which has recently changed its reaction system. Previously, you could vote once a day on a comic, but now you can vote up to ten times and there are fewer possible reactions.

The comic has always had people who give it an angry reaction, at least partly because the creator is trans (some of the downvoters have outright stated that’s why before). Still, it usually gets more positive reactions than negative ones. Yesterday, when the change happened, it got 36 angry votes to 18 positive ones, either because the negative voters realized first that they can do multiples, or the negative voters are willing to spend more votes on downvoting the comic than the positive voters are on upvoting it.

I’m both annoyed that people are willing to go out of their way to downvote a comic that they know they don’t like and that they don’t have to read, and worried that the creator will take it to heart if this continues.

3 Likes

The security office has changed some rules in the firewall, which makes the links in the disqus ‘you have a new reply’ mails trigger ‘malicious content found’, so whenever I get a mail I have to go to notalwaysright, click on the disqus icon and see what is happening.

3 Likes

Today has just been one of those days.

4 Likes

My aunt does Secret Santa and I hate it. I may have written some sarcastic answers into the form. We get dirty looks if we say no. I refuse to play/update things until the day after American Thanksgiving (Fourth Friday of November)

I’m not wise enough to have wisdom teeth. Get back into your gums and stop being pain. :sweat:

3 Likes