Vent Your Frustrations!

I despise Google Pay. An orange supermarket’s smartshop app has decided to trial using Google Pay. However, as part of the “tutorial and limitations”, you won’t be able to pay with any method OTHER than Google Pay…

Even the staff in the store were confused with the very helpful lass literally cursing corporate on my behalf.

2 Likes

Apparently today the coffee reaction is not to wake me up, but to make me even more sleepy… And slightly jittery, but I blame the amount I had, a mug of drip coffee with hot chocolate and then a 12oz half caf mocha latte. But, hey, I’m getting stuff done, my fingers are just both slightly jittery and hyper, but not the rest of me.

2 Likes

My premier wants to follow the sterling example of Florida’s governor, and ban all rational and reasonable people from making Covid-related decisions. She wants to substitute her alternate facts instead. Meanwhile, the infection rates for Covid, RSV, and flu are all climbing.

3 Likes

Same problem here in my province:

2 Likes

The creature tells Victor ‘I am the Adam of your labours’.
It’s not exactly ‘I call myself Adam’ but every expanded fiction using the creature tends to use the name Adam.

The Frankenstein Papers is Fred Saberhagen’s version of the story. In a similar vein to his The Dracula Tape, it explains what really happened, both from the Creature’s POV and from another character’s POV. I enjoyed it, though it skipped around in time in a bit of a confusing way. And you will either love or hate the ending.

The Toronto Sanata Claus Parade (it’s in its 118th year) is returning tomorrow to Toronto. The CTV channel will be recording it but because of the Grey Cup (Canada’s version of whatever the American Football trophy is)…that CTV wouldn’t be airing it on either their website, or on TV until Satuday Dec 3rd so that two weeks before I can see it when I rather watch it tomorrow on TV.

The only possible work around is if I start watch the parade coverage on CP24 at 12:30 and it goes for 2 hours. I mean the only good thing about doing that is I wouldn’t have to deal with potential song performances I know will come with CTV stuff.

1 Like

Went for a nice walk today. But the sun combined with the cold breeze made a “nice” headache behind my eyes. And it hasn’t gone away, so I tried taking something bout 1/2 an hour ago. Still that annoying dull ache.

Wicket’s curled up in my lap trying to help.

3 Likes

The engine thermostat in my Jeep went out and was causing a coolant leak. To those that dont know a engine thermostat costs about $20-$30 dollars and takes way less than an hour to change.

I was kinda busy today so figured I would go to a mechanic and have them do it rather than handling it myself. That was until he wanted to charge me $300 for “parts” and another $250 for “labor”. Plus he said it wouldnt be ready till Tuesday. So $550 to spend 30 min installing a $30 part. I told him that was outrageous and went home and did it myself.

But it makes me wonder how many “muffler bearings” this scam artists has sold to people that dont know any better.

5 Likes

I went to get my hair trimmed. I’ve been trying to grow it out. It was uneven. She took off two inches.

5 Likes

Next door’s dog has been howling since about 9pm last night (Sunday, it’s 12.17pm, Monday afternoon, as I type). This is a regular occurrence.

Its’ humans are unapproachable - someone mentioned reporting them for drugs (they’re heavy users of devil’s lettuce), and the male human started threatening the person, along with whoever reported them.

Unfortunately, the neighbours on the other side won’t report - they’re also unapproachable, fighting in the street and generally being scum.

This means that, should there be a report about the constant “sad doggo noises”, it would be obvious who made it, and would cause more problems.

I’m tempted to record Void meowing really loud, then play it when the stoners are trying to sleep.

5 Likes

I just love walking 50 minutes through the rain only to find the house I was expecting to look at doesn’t seem to exist. And then spent 10 minutes phoneing the two numbers I have, trying to figure out wtf is going on, until I get an answer. Then finding out the house I was going to look at was taken by someone else this morning, but I still have no fricking clue where it even is because I’m at the spot indicated on the map. Apparently I had to go to the back of the retail park on the other side of the road, because that makes perfect sense.

1 Like

Oh, don’t “worry”, they would probably have no compunction about taking action against your annoying sound… and most probably not the “legal action” kind.

2 Likes

I’m so pissed at my self. I now have two Quesos to deal with. One is the (Brandname) Tortilis queso and the other is Summer Fresh brand. I got both a couple of Thursdays ago when I went to get cuke (since Dad and I weren’t shopping until Friday) and the next day Dad and I found cuke in a shopping cart at (Store 1). I brought some other stuff and I brought four dips -the 2nd Queso dip I thought wa three cheese dip and I didn’t know until this morning it wasn’t

1 Like

So, I just discovered that the new mattress pad I bought for just over $100 a month ago can only be cleaned in a large commercial washer. I checked with a local cleaner, he can do it— but cleaning it will cost $50.

So, I can either:
a) clean it a lot less often than my old one— think once a year instead of every couple months. (To be fair, I think I probably shouldn’t have been doing the old one at home either, that was probably part of the reason I had to replace it.)
b) find a laundromat with a large washer and babysit the darn thing
c) wait for spring, wash it in the bathtub and then dry it in the backyard. Annoying, but doable,

Argh.

3 Likes

I went to visit my aunt on Friday. She’s really in bad shape. She finished radiation but she’s having a ton of side effects. Not only that but she’s supposed to be starting a new medicine that costs $16,000 a month. Fortunately her copay is $2,000 due to the donut hole but it’s still insane.

5 Likes

Very first world thing, but I’m annoyed that gocomics.com has been offline since Saturday… I miss my comics.

4 Likes

My train wasn’t running this morning, meaning I had to drive in (and arrive later, and therefore miss my usual ten minutes in a nice coffee shop with cappuccino and pastry) and this afternoon my favourite little independent cafe is shut because their espresso machine is broken.

Aat least it isn’t raining…

5 Likes

Got a new phone (yay!)

But even though all my settings and files were transferred over, i can’t find how to disable the tiny-yet-annoying vibrate whenever i tap the like button on this forum or on Twitter. I’m accessing both using Samsung Internet; i don’t want the app.

Ive a Samsung Galaxy S22… any ideas?

1 Like

I cut my thumber on one of my pill bottles -it’s like a *** paper cut

2 Likes