Unpopular opinions you hold

Everyone has unpopular opinions at times, and I’m intrigued as to what they are on here.

First from me - drag queens terrify me! I think it’s because of the clownish costumes and makeup - I’m severely coulrophobic.

Trouble is, when I’ve expressed that opinion before, I get called transphobic. I have no objection to anyone who wants to do it, just keep away from me, please.

I couldn’t deal with panto dames when I was little, either, and that’s before I even understood that they were men dressed up.

3 Likes

Not liking drag (or anything really!) because it triggers a phobia is definitely not any sort of phobic o.O
As a queer person, I’ve always hated how so many people just jump straight to “you’re a bigot!” for things like this or for people trying to ask genuine questions. I’m sorry you’ve had to deal with that :[

Anyways, I still don’t understand the hype around professional sports. I get it if you enjoy playing a sport or if you’re watching someone you know play. But the fervent devotion so many people have toward their state/country/whatever’s sports teams is honestly pretty scary to watch sometimes.

8 Likes

Spoilers don’t really matter that much.
I get some people like being surprised, but I think the way a game/movie/book gets to where they end up is more interesting than the bullet point of what might happen. I actually got into one of my favorite book series because of out of context spoilers.
And honestly, I don’t keep up with current shows/games/books fast enough to really be affected. I’m just bad at watching things. But it’s fun listening to people rave or rant about it, and some stories I’ve really gone ham in reading the wikis and synopsis because I was intrigued.

I just like the seeing how the pieces come together more than the pieces themselves. And knowing random tidbits or whatever just means I can examine pieces more closely.

2 Likes

The earliest memory I have, is of walking too close to my great grandmothers ornery tabby cat and coming away from the experience with scars on my face, and a tooth sized hole in my right ear.

As you might imagine I dont like cats. And while I recognize logically that experience is not a representation of all cats its made it so I see no appeal to having a cat/ cat videos/ all of that. I dont find them cute, I dont like if a stray cat wanders up to me, I dont want anything to do with them.

To each there own and no offense to anyone that has one but I just dont get the appeal.

4 Likes

I may start a fight with this one. Why do so many people love peanut butter? I’ll eat it if I have to but I don’t get why people love it so much. I actively avoid it if at all possible. In fact, if I want a “nut” butter, I buy sunflower butter.

5 Likes

Rare or bloody steak makes me nauseaus. Just the smell of it makes me queasy.

Well done (no pink) is not a crime! Just hard to get it turning out nice and not like shoe leather.

8 Likes

I don’t understand the appeal of cookie dough ice cream. (or even eatting normal cookie dough). I mean can’t it give you samelloea or something?

2 Likes

You can make safe to eat cookie dough, which is what they usually put in cookie dough ice cream

5 Likes

still don’t see the appeal of it. Give me coffee or Rocky Road, ice cream instead.

2 Likes

A lot of people liked The Big Bang Theory. Yuck. Don’t see the appeal of the show.

5 Likes

[quote=“Grey, post:2, topic:2571”] Not
liking drag (or anything really!) because it triggers a phobia is definitely not any sort of phobic o.O
[/quote]

I have to disagree :wink: Sounds a lot like Masklophobia , the fear of masks/people dressed up in costumes.

I was definitely masklophobic as a kid, but I’m still a bit uneasy around mascots, clowns and stuff like that. Disney Land would not be fun for me :smile:

Edit: what’s wrong with the quote code? :expressionless:

4 Likes

I think it’s because you have the quote starting on the first line, rather than using the carriage return

1 Like

Diehard and Home Alone are not Christmas movies.

4 Likes

I don’t think the “power of friendship” is an inherently bad excuse for how the protags win.

3 Likes

There are things men are generally good at and bad at, and there are things women are generally good at and bad at - and there is nothing wrong with this. It also doesn’t mean either gender can’t possibly do something the other gender is generally good at.

2 Likes

At the risk of sounding disrespectful, I think the coverage of mourning for the Queen is getting out of hand.

Yes, it’s something a lot of people would never have seen before (the death of a monarch), but not everyone in the country is a royalist.

I count myself as a royalist, mind you, but even I’m losing patience. Even after Monday, I get the feeling it’s going to carry on.

To quote the musical Evita:-

We’ve all gone crazy
Mourning all day and mourning all night
Falling over ourselves to get all
Of the misery right

10 Likes

I also agree on hating peanut butter. I’ve not tried a steak that wasn’t fully cooked before, and I may eventually at a restaurant, but I won’t cook it that way and think they taste fine when you can’t see pink flesh inside.

I think dancing is weird. I like a little tapping feet, swaying to the music type dancing, but anything more than that feels awkward. I also don’t understand by what criteria people judge if dancing is good.

2 Likes

I always play computer games on the easiest setting. I’m not interested in “challenge” I play games to relax and have fun. I don’t have the patience nor the temper to deal with The Computer is a Cheating Bastard.

11 Likes

It really is. Depending on the game I might try a harder mode, depending on if I just want to play and win, or want to challenge myself. Depends on what I’m after.

1 Like

Why do some people hate on making meatloaf? It is such an easy dish to make and you can basically forget about it for an hour while it cooks. Also, you can constantly change the sides you serve it with.

@FaeRei and @Kathryn_Baggs I play the game on the easiest setting first. If I like it, I may give myself a random challenge just because I want to.

3 Likes