The Sound of Mucus

I work in a small engineering office with six others, although when this happened only two were there. If things are quiet and no one is on the phone, it’s usual for someone to whistle a bit, or maybe start quietly singing to themselves. No one minds.

It was getting late in the afternoon, and I think my coworker needed to hit his silly quota for the day, to the tune of a song from a certain musical about a wannabe-nun from Austria:

Coworker #1: singing “How do you solve a problem like diarrhoea?”

Me: bursts out laughing

Coworker #1: “You like that then, Stephen?”

Me: “Brilliant! If they put that on in the West End, that show would run and run!”

CW1 &2: Mix of laughing and groaning

2 Likes

I can’t believe I forgot to make it clear which song it was my colleague was parodying! That’s edited now to make it a bit clearer. But in case it isn’t, I now have the opportunity to use some of these new tools I’ve got access too…

How do you solve a problem like Maria, from the musical The Sound of Music

That was both terrible and yet it “flows” so well. Don’t be surprised if you see it on the site in the near future!

1 Like

You are, of course, more than welcome!

I do have three other punny stories that will (hopefully) be popping out in the next couple of months, if I’ve worked out your current NAW turnarounds correctly. One might even be imminent…?

Don’t worry; I’ll be patient :slight_smile:

How did i miss this getting posted???

I was scrolling through the new Forums tag when i stumbled upon it!

1 Like