The NAR Trivia Quiz!

Wierdoinventer, on the Main site, started a little trivia quiz game based around NAR. I thought it would be great for the forum, and WI didn’t mind me setting it up, so let’s give it a go!

Simple rules: post a question relating to NAR, and everyone else can guess. If you get it right, you can post your own question. I’ll get the ball rolling.

What is the name of the Russian Accent?

2 Likes

Boris

2 Likes

Absolutely no trouble there, @Celoptra… over to you!

And in case anyone wants to revisit the classic, here it is

1 Like

Which story had a teacher yelling at their student’s coffee-chain employer for calling not just during an exam but other times because the employer couldn’t understand the student is a high school student om the student’s cellphone?

1 Like

I think you might need to offer some clues. I just did a search on “berat” (so i could get all tenses of the word berate) and “teacher”, and got 8 pages, none of which fit the question.

I’m not sure what kind of clues to offer any suggestions?

Tricky one. If it’s a well known story, you probably wouldn’t need much in the way of clues. But if it isn’t one of the more popular ones, then you need to phrase the question in a way that people have got something to search with.

You could maybe phrase the question using a couple of distinctive words that are used within the story. Or, if you have a location tag, mention that. But however you phrase it you need to be aware that if the longer the search results are, the less likely you’ll get anyone attempting to answer it.

3 Likes

For a different question, would “Which story involved Stephen’s trousers?” be a sufficiently detailed clue? :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for editing your post, but might I suggest in future if you’re adding more information to a question you post it in a new comment rather than edit the old one?

I have no idea when you posted it, but I tend not to scroll back to look at old posts. I will however look at new posts. The chances are that very few people watching this thread will realise you had improved your question

1 Like

Which story had a teacher yelling at their student’s coffee-chain employer for calling not just during an exam but other times because the employer couldn’t understand the student is a high school student om the student’s cellphone?

I’ve done a search using the words

phone teacher yell coffee

…but nothing shows up in the short results list that matches. Are all those words in the story? Or do i need to be using synonyms for all these? Because if that’s the case i think i shall let someone else have a go.

maybe I should do another one… instead because I’m having trouble, finding the story as well

Replacement question for the above:
“Which story involves a substitute teacher getting a bloody noise because they think they’re the disabled student is lying about their disability just to use headphones in class?”

Is it this one? I found it whilst searching for the other one

Nope, I didn’t know how to fit in the word that meant “noise in the ears” into the question, but “bloody nose” is a key clue to this story

Ah, right. You spelled it “bloody noise”

Once i realised i was looking for tinnitus and nose, it was straightforward.

1 Like

correct!

Zeus, the ruler of the gods, took many forms on Earth. The NAR commentator Zeus has a couple of their own. Can you name either of these Disqus forms NAR Zeus takes?

Santa Clause is one

Yup, over to you!

Santa Claus and Karen are their other personas