That’s not how this works

You ever have a situation where you’re just taken aback by someone who doesn’t seem to understand the world around them? I’m thinking of something like this scene:
That’s not a write off from Schitt’s Creek

Today I had someone send me their part of a presentation via email… halfway through the presentation itself! We reached their turn an hour into the meeting and they said “oh check your email, I just sent it to you.” Who sends their slides in the middle of the actual meeting?? That’s not how any of this works! Plus it was a screenshot of a PowerPoint and super tiny text!

Anyone have a story like that, that makes you wonder if they understand how the world works?

6 Likes

I’m currently going through our archived stories (we have 85,000 spread over more than 13 years) and I am curating a sub-category called “That’s not how any of this works.” I stopped counting how many I had when I went past a hundred.

Was there any fallout from your coworker who decided the presentation was the best time to share the presentation? Might be a good NAW story in there!

3 Likes

Haha I will have to check that subcategory out!

Un?fortunately nothing else happened, I seethed privately but she’s too senior for me to tell her off :sweat_smile:
I haven’t submitted a story in years because most of my interactions are like… 1/4 of a story…

3 Likes

Or one whole of a great short story! I think this could work as something short and WTF enough for a NAW story:

"Today I had someone send me their part of a presentation via email… halfway through the presentation itself! We reached their turn an hour into the meeting and they said “oh check your email, I just sent it to you.” Who sends their slides in the middle of the actual meeting?? That’s not how any of this works! Plus it was a screenshot of a PowerPoint and super tiny text!

Unfortunately nothing else happened, I seethed privately but she’s too senior for me to tell her off."

3 Likes