Suggestion: Ask the Editors

Here’s an idea… how about an Ask the Editors section?

4 Likes

Please give some examples of what you would maybe ask the editors. I need coffee.

1 Like

I did a bit in Just for fun, but more serious questions could be asked. Like turnaround times for different categories, asking about behind the scenes, and, well, anything really.

1 Like

I would like to add something to this request.

I have had one story posted and have a couple more somewhere in the queue.
I look at the latest posted stories a number of times a day to see what’s new. Of course, I’m mostly looking for my own story, but I also read others that catch my attention.
I am constantly worried that my story has gone up and I have missed it.

More than anything I would like to know where my story is in the queue, has my story been accepted or rejected, and, most importantly, has it or when will it be posted…
I know this is a lot to ask for, perhaps too much, but some information about my story’s progress would be very much appreciated.

These notices don’t have to be anything extravagant. Even a simple computer auto-response that my story is now live or has been rejected would be enough to save me a lot of frustration and anxiety.

Please, will you think about it?
I’m sure that I’m not the only one who would be ever-so grateful.

Raven

2 Likes

I’m not an editor but curious to hear more examples of questions that would be asked.

It looks like there are some process related ones here, but those could be suited for the FAQ?

Raven – you’re definitely not alone in your request!

2 Likes

…what a time for my mind to go blank!

Although one little question springs to mind. What are the roles you all have at NARHQ? And are you all in one location or spread all over the country/world? I’m guessing @KillerTomato is from the UK, going by their comment about that spoony place, but they could equally mean that they visited one on holiday and decided never to return :laughing:

2 Likes

what’s the “Spoony” place?

Wetherspoons

1 Like

You know, I’m actually not sure of @KillerTomato’s origins, so that would make for a good question. We’re mostly spread across the US though, I’m in Texas myself. :smiley:

2 Likes

We had a feeling that some of the editors were Americans. Due to some of the editing of some of the non-American countries; stories.

1 Like

I believe it is possible to be from anywhere and not want to return to a Wetherspoons.

2 Likes

My parents love going for meals there. Me I’m completely indifferent. The food’s okay, but nothing particularly special.

Mind you, I’m not a drinker, so the prospect of spending loads of money on drink is not something I aspire to. A few glasses of wine over Christmas is about my limit…

1 Like