Streaming Services chat

A lot of streaming services are bringing back old shoes and movies that are no longer available to watch anywhere else. What shows/movies do you wish would be available for streaming?

I’ll start us off.

Life Goes On

I loved that show and I can’t wait til it’s streaming somewhere.

2 Likes

Like Das Boot ?

5 Likes

Lol sorry I’m on my phone. Stupid autocarrot.

2 Likes

No Sweat, Miami 7, LA 7, Hollywood 7, Viva S Club, Starstreet, The Girl From Tomorrow, Tomorrow’s End, Return To Jupiter, Halfway Across The Galaxy And Turn Left, Fortysomething, My Hero…

There’s definitely more, but that’s all I can think of offhand.

My Hero… is that the Ardal O’Hanlon tv series?

1 Like

It is! I stopped watching it when Ardal left.

1 Like

the 1950s Zorro with Guy Williams, Disney+ oddly only has the movie (which is basically the first season) is the one that comes to mind immediately.

‘The Girl from Tomorrow’. Are you over here in Aus by any chance? Lol!
The book was better, imho, though I didn’t really like the sequel.

Monkey (with the original Japanese theme song)

2 Likes

Nope, I’m a Brit. It was shown over here when I was a kid. We got a few Aussie shows. Round The Twist was another favourite.

Didn’t realise it was a book! I’ll have to have a look on eBay - I suspect it’ll be out of print by now.

1 Like

Ah. Long out of print, I’m afraid. :frowning: It was simply what they call a ‘TV-tie in’. Basically the book of the movie / tv show.

Just noticed you have ‘Halfway Across the Galaxy…’ listed as well. I’ve never seen the show but again, the book was a lot of fun.
That one was actually a book first and the author, Robin Klein, is a favourite of mine. Might be worth looking for some of her books, too, if you’re on E-bay. She was brilliant. Wrote for everyone from toddlers to teens!
Good Luck and I hope you enjoy anything you find! :slight_smile:

I read that one! My copy fell apart because I read it so much.

From what I can remember, the show was fairly close to the book. I was a bit like Qwrk when I was a kid, but I had the same sort of nature as X. I loved Dovis’ choice of Earth name, though.

I read a lot of TV tie-ins as well - mainly the Target novelisations of Doctor Who. It got to the point where, when I was at secondary school, the librarian would ask if I was sure when I was checking my books out, if there wasn’t a Doctor Who book among my choices!

1 Like

Try on Abe books.

Does anyone else have an Amazon device that’s installed Freevee on itself?

I loved Round the twist. It actually was on Amazon prime to download for a short time but then disappeared :cry:

2 Likes

I remember that!

There was a tv series Out of this World; the singer Tiffany guested on that once.

During 1994 in the spring they showed it on terrestrial tv in the mornings. My friend and i would record it in the morning, and watch it in the afternoon during our breaks from studying for our final year engineering exams

I’ll check. We have a gen1 stick so will check to see if it’s there. What is Freevee anyway?

I loved the movie Heart and Souls, with Robert Downey Jr., Kyra Sedgwick, Charles Grodin, Alfre Woodard, Tom Sizemore, and David Paymer. I cannot find it on any streaming service, other than paying on Amazon. Movie is not going to win any Oscars, but it was a sweet story.

I never liked the song “Walk Like a Man” until this movie.

Far as I can tell, it used to be the IMDB streaming app - which I don’t think I had on my Fire in the first place!

Looks like it. I don’t remember installing that either, and no uninstall option!

1 Like