Stories that make you cry?

In my time as an editor here at NAR, I have so far uploaded nearly forty thousand stories! There are a handful of stories I’ve run across that make me cry. I think my all-time favorite has to be That Is ‘Pretty’ Awesome, a story that features children, sickness, compassion, and even romance! Just read it and try not to weep! I dare you!

What are some stories that make you start looking around for the onion-cutting ninjas?

3 Likes

No story here made me cry, but I’m reminded of the story where a dude took his niece (I think) out, the niece befriended a woman (by the intermediary of a dog, IIRC) and then later invited the woman back home, and later that dude married the woman.

4 Likes

When I saw this post, the story you linked is the exact one I thought of as well. I love this story!

4 Likes

That one sounds so familiar, ganiyel! I couldn’t find it, but if I run across it again, I’ll be sure to share it here.

Many stories featuring dogs and cats are tearjerkers for me. I love my furbabies!

3 Likes

The one where an elderly woman with dementia thought her plush dog was alive and took it to the vet every week, and everyone played along to make her happy. That one got me.

8 Likes

With many people with dementia, it is considered normal to “play along.” You have to get into their reality. I had a woman who referred to her wheelchair as her bicycle and we did say “Grandma/Granny, get in your bicycle.”

2 Likes

I guess you mean “Happy cry”? Since I thought you meant the other normal cry

2 Likes

I found it!

So sweet, and so heartbreaking. My great-grandmother had dementia toward the end of her life, and it was so hard to watch it progress.

2 Likes

I’m interested to hear both, Celoptra. Whatever stories made you really feel something.

the one sad cry is the one “Caution: This One will make you feel hunger” story

2 Likes

OOF. That story hurts to read. Makes me more angry than sad. That’s the kind of story that comes to me and I just have to get up and walk around for a few minutes after reading it. UGH!

1 Like

There are probably are other stories that also made me cry.

A good one (sort of?) the Pizza-guy giving- divorced-woman-whose-ex-is-giving-her-a hard time-pizza-for-free story! I know this one used to have a comic of it somewhere. Found it!

Super Pizza Delivery guy

5 Likes

Every time, and I do mean EVERY time I see the first sentence, I know exactly what story is being posted. I love it, especially knowing that the little girl ended up getting so much better.

3 Likes

Out Shopping For A New Friend is the one that gets me every time.

5 Likes

Out Shopping For A New Friend is the one that gets me every time.

I’m not crying… someone is cutting onions in here… Those dang onion ninjas…

4 Likes

The Rainbow Pizza was practically MADE of onions!

And love. Lots and lots of love.

6 Likes

Do you mean this comic?

5 Likes

yeah that’s the comic. I found the link to the story main.

In case there’s anyone here who isn’t aware of the Rainbow Pizza story, this is it:

Bring tissues.

8 Likes

Attack of the Onion Ninjas…