Spread some happiness

my church posted a thing on Facebook 3hrs ago. It has the words for “New Year” in different Asian lanuages. The one I’m freaking out (Happily!) over is the words in Korean! Saehae Bok Mani Badeuseyo!

(Sae-Hae Bok Mani Ba deu se yo).

It means “I wish your a lot of luck in the New Year”

3 Likes

I went over to my mom’s for the weekly “computer tutor” session—and nothing weird happened! Everything on the weekly to-do list went smoothly!

She is a lot more confident than she was when we started a few months ago, but there’s still a lot of learning to go.

8 Likes

Jean Michel Jarre now has a new wall buddy…

6 Likes

so “fruit magically appeared in the fridge overnight” and the same will happen on Wednesday. So that means I don’t have to deal with Asian pears.

3 Likes

I’m at 559 page in unfiltered so I’m in middle of April 2022

1 Like

My dad is out of the hospital and they are on their way to my brothers house because their new heater isn’t coming until Tuesday. It wasn’t his heart. He has to see a gastro dr.

9 Likes

I think I found a way for Dad and I have conversations when I’m mad at him for some reason or other without either of us loosing our tempers and acting childish. Turns out its email… this is the 2nd time I believed I used it for something. And also using the “I” statement works in email at least when it doesn’t work in person for me.

2 Likes

Stowed away the Christmas decorations today (finally!) and went shopping for more all-yeary things to replace it. It’s just some details here and there, but I’m happy with the result.

Our hallways is long and narrow without windows and electrical sockets, making it dark and boring. Find a few pretty battery powered LED lamps to make it more cozy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Had another good campaign session tonight. We rescued a party members kids from his in-laws who were going to sacrifice them to a demon.

6 Likes

…for a moment there, I thought you meant you rescued that party member’s kids from the in-laws in real life (by allowing them to join the campaign), but the part about the sacrifice made me realize that might not be the case :grin:. Unless the party member’s in-laws actually wanted to do a human sacrifice.

6 Likes

I bought myself a new lens today, I say new but it was nearly half price on ebay but still top quality so that alone made me happy. I went to a spot I like to photograph sunsets, but it was too cloudy for that. Then a pair of Barn Owls flew close by which was very nice to see, I’ve not seen one so close for a few years now so that’s my happiness for the day.

3 Likes

My foster cat went to his new home today. He’s been in my foster room for two and a half months.

He was one of more than a dozen cats and kittens found abandoned in a trailer. The TNR program I volunteer with rounded them up and worked with rescues to find places for them because our vet wasn’t comfortable releasing obviously indoor cats not acclimated to living outside, especially in early November in Ohio.

He was stressed by other animals so an adoption center setting wasn’t suitable. Through social media, I found him a great home and he’s spending his first night there tonight. Almost all of the abandoned cats have found new homes at this point.

This is the first time in 12 months that my foster room has been empty (26 cats passed through my foster room in 2022)

8 Likes

ITS SNOWING! AND I HAVE TO WORK IN 10 HOURS.

Sorry for yelling, but there’s 2" of wet snow on my car, plenty of puddles on the ground from today’s all day rain, and its not supposed to go below freezing tonight.

Its so fluffy! 35°F/2°C out there. Grass is covered nicely, and I can make a great snowball. But its almost bedtime…

(Edit: Why do I have a cake slice next to my name? Its not my birthday, and my profile reflects that.)

6 Likes

Jealous!

Oh, and it was your forumiversary, hence the cake.

6 Likes

Oh, cool!

Yeah, the two inches we got were completely gone when I got up for work. Which made my small friend sad, since it didn’t start til after dark and he didn’t get to play in it.

6 Likes

This kind of goes along with my most recent post in Vent Your Frustrations. My main boss checked in to see if I was okay. It is good to have people who care. I also full on make use of the free therapy the company I work for offers (for other reasons).

My boss and I think I am correctly putting something in but the person above her has not gotten back to her on that yet. We looked and said “screw it; we can fix it later” if I am doing the form wrong. Personally, they just need a slightly different form.

2 Likes

I did my own hair for the first time in a VERY long time and Mom says its looks pretty good!

4 Likes

My sister’s home!

8 Likes

Dippy the Dinosaur is moving to Coventry for three years!

3 Likes

I was wondering if the original Dippy skeleton came from my province; a lot of dinosaur fossils excavated in Alberta ended up in places like New York’s natural history museum. (Nowadays we have some pretty tough laws against that sort of thing.) However, I learned that Dippy v 1.0 was excavated in Wyoming.

2 Likes