Spread some happiness

I just spent a lovely (albeit expensive) evening at the bar of a gin distillery. The cocktails were first class and the staff behind the bar were talkative. I learnt quite a bit and was happy to return the knowledge with my understanding of shochu.

1 Like

The concert was AMAZING. We got Rick Rolled twice.

7 Likes

Do you remember me complaining about the internet speed?

With my PC and the new wlan reciever I installed, I’m getting an average of 750mb/s, sometimes up to 850. Previously I was happy to even get 50

:rocket: :rocket:

5 Likes

Nice!

Better than mine, which is an average of 100 mb/s. But since I’m getting it for free, I can’t complain.

I picked Henrietta up and held her briefly twice today. This is a huge step forward.

5 Likes

Found out about this earlier today… bet you can guess where I’ll be in about an hours time.

So much for getting an early night!

Edited to add: I went, and wrote about it here

6 Likes

Always a good feeling when a “weekend project” actually gets done in a weekend.

5 Likes

That’s great!
But … what is it?

3 Likes

I have no idea what it is I’m looking at, but well done!

Is it a naked Dalek created during the Davros Cubist period?

2 Likes

I’ve been catching up with this topic and it looks like a few of us have been able to attend some live entertainment recently! Hubby and I attended our local professional summer stock theater to see “Rumors” (by Neil Simon) on Friday evening, and it was fantastic! We also saw “Mamma Mia!” earlier this month, which was also awesome. I’m hoping we can go see the final production that they’re doing this summer, “The Great Gatsby”, next month.

4 Likes

I’ve got a front row ticket for The Play that Goes Wrong in a couple of days time. That’s why I’m here in Milton Keynes

1 Like

Lol its a new base for a deerstand. Its about 11ft tall

3 Likes

Mortgage free by 33!

I’m 32 and a bit…

7 Likes

Forgot to post yesterday. I’ve been in DC for the weekend (currently waiting for the return flight) and we went to my favorite bookstore and Dad bought me 4 new books, and I read one yesterday that was very fun.

6 Likes

Received two cards in the mail today, both from the veterinarian’s office. One was signed by the whole staff, offering condolences for our loss of Smokey earlier this month.

The other contained her paw print. My mom and I were both moved to tears.

7 Likes

We’ve ordered a new fridge/freezer. I decided to defrost the freezer and opened the door for the first time in 6 months. It looked like a glacier, probably around 30 liters of water frozen solid in one huge block.

I’ve been using a screwdriver and a hammer to chop of chunks all day, and now finally the entire thing came loose. It was soooo satisfying

Cat for scale

9 Likes

I enjoy the use of a cat for measurement.

Q: How big was it?
A: Oh easily 2 cats and a kitten high.

7 Likes

But Cat Deeley is about five foot something, and a kitten is, well…

the-goodies-london

5 Likes

I’m finally here! Back in February 2020 i booked a ticket to see The Play that Goes Wrong in September 2020, but, well, 2020 happened.

Then i learned that they were touring, so i got a front row seat for the show. I bought that back in January this year.

AND TODAY’S THE DAY!!!

I am here…

…I have my programme…

…and a bundle of free refreshments.

All i need now is for the doors to open and i can FINALLY get to experience live what i had up until now only seen an excerpt of on YouTube.

See you all on the other side… show starts at 1930!

9 Likes

Have fun!

2 Likes