Scotland!

Hi all! Was wondering if anyone knew of anything to do in Glasgow. My mom has a conference there in August and she’s invited me to tag along because I’ve always wanted to visit the UK.

4 Likes

Sorry, although I’ve been into Glasgow a few times, i never did anything touristy.

Hope you have a great time, though!

1 Like

Unfortunately I can’t help either, but I’m very jealous!

2 Likes

The Riverside Museum, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and the Auchentoshan Distillery were all fun places to visit. You could also try and summon those of us in the UK to come and bother you!

4 Likes

This seems cool

Glasgow: Haunted City Exploration Game | GetYourGuide.

3 Likes

Hi, what kind of things are you and your Mum into? The museum’s mentioned by CJR are all excellent and well worth a visit. The Science Center is also a full (albeit not free) place to visit and whilst it is aimed at children there is plenty for adults to enjoy. Pollock Park and the Burrell collection are also worth a visit (although they are some way out from the city centre). Oh, the Museum of Modern art is quite central and worth visiting also.

Perhaps unsurpringly there is a great and very vibrant bar and restaurant scene too.

@AlienToasterRepairs … here’s hoping you can get your post to pop up!

1 Like

@PotatoPercy: AlienToasterRepairs has posted some suggestions, but apparently they’ve been flagged as spam. Can you release it, please?

Thanks!

1 Like

Ooh that looks cool

1 Like

Thanks @Stephen. I’m not sure why my comment was flagged as spam, its probably a combination of my literally just signing up today and being too enthusiastic about Glasgow.

@AthenaCat , what do you normally like to do when you visit a city? As CJR suggested, we have some excellent museums. In addition to those they name I would suggest the Museum of Modern Art and the Burrell Collection at Pollock park (this is a bit out of the way but the park is well worth a look itself).

The Science center isn’t free but is a fun visit too. Its mostly aimed at youngsters but theres plenty for adults to enjoy too. I haven’t personally been but ‘Golf Fang’ has been highly recommended to me lately as an ‘crazy golf for adults’ experience.

Plus we have a very vibrant bar and restaurant scene!

4 Likes

There are plenty of things to do and see in Glasgow, but if you get bored that’s slap in the middle of the Edinburgh Festival and it"s only 45 minutes away by train

4 Likes

Ooh I’m definitely going to go to Edinburgh. It’s been on my list ever since it was listed in a “most haunted cities of the world” article. I forgot how small European countries are lol. You can’t even get to New York City from school (in upstate New York) in less than 3 hours

1 Like

I saw that you listed whiskey as your mind-altering substance of choice. You definitely need to check out The Pot Still in Glasgow.

3 Likes

Glad to see your post finally appear, @AlienToasterRepairs!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.