Polls! Books edition

Create a poll for everyone to vote between two or more books or book series. I’ll start:

• Harry Potter books
  • Percy Jackson books

0 voters

Only ever read one of HP and none of the other so I can’t really say. I’ve heard a lot of good things about Percy Jackson and the author though…

Read both series growing up! But given some of JKR’s recent “opinions” and the fact that I am transgender, the HP series definitely has a bad taste in my mouth now :confused:

7 Likes

Could this not have gone into the Polls topic that we already have?

Not heard of Percy Jackson. I was all on board with HP until the horcrux divergence. Books 6 and 7 were not enjoyable to me.

Book six was in dire need of editing ( I couldn’t get into book 7) but unfortunately, I think she was too big, by then for anybody to touch it.
Just for clarification, I’m not talking about editing the story itself, I just found it far too wordy. It could easily have been slimmed down and, imho, been a far more powerful book.

2 Likes

I can’t vote because I like both equally.

3 Likes

I’ve got one as well:

• Lee Child (Reacher)
  • Dan Brown
  • Do those have words?

0 voters

Not read any Dan Brown, so not voting for him. Went off Lee Child (even though he is a Cov lad) because in all the books I read (which was most of them), I only recall ONE person landing a punch on Reacher!

Jack Reacher was always described as towering over everyone else, so when I learned that Tom Cruise was cast in the role, I assumed he was taking on a gang of Oompa-Loompas.

Voted Dan Brown, read a few of his books back then , liked them well enough. Never read Lee Child

Yeah I had the same feeling about the movies. Someone who has to put the fear into everyone by just walking into a room, played by a guy who normally wears hightened shoes. So not right.
Even more so, they added a car chase through town, while Reacher repeatedly says in the books he is a bad driver. I like his books though. And yeah, they always seem far fetched, but they remain books :smiley:

1 Like

I voted Reacher. I have read most of the Reacher books and enjoyed them because his attitude essentially seemed be “Screw the world and everyone in it!” although definitely had a disconnect with the common person. As he was a soldier I don’t have a problem with his ability to avoid punches etc. from non-military criminals.

Never got into Dan Brown. Angels and Demons wasn’t bad but wasn’t a fan of the others.

Once I get to Gen 7 one first song chapter, I will definitely post it here if it’s still open which means I really need to get a movie on the Jomeo chapters. If I can track down Sim pictures of book characters I will make a new post.

And now for Lit. class theme:

• Of Mice and Men
  • To Kill a Mockingbird

0 voters

I perfer To Kill a Mockingbird over OF Mice and Men. I had to read that for Gr. 12 English

1 Like

I swore never be read again after To Kill a Mockingbird gave no advice on killing mockingbirds…

Voted To Kill a Mockingbird because I haven’t read Of Mice and Men

2 Likes

I miss the ‘neither’ option. Haven’t read either of them.

2 Likes

How about children’s fantasy? These were rwo of my favorites growing up and honestly still are.

• Fablehaven
  • Inheritance Cycle (Eragon)

0 voters

Never read either of them (and not heard of Fablehaven at all). The fantasy series I started reading when I was a teen (and continued all the way through my adult life) was the Discworld series, although that wasn’t aimed specifically at teens.

3 Likes