Pineapple On Pizza

A story from earlier today brought up the topic in the comments. What do you think of pineapple on pizza?

No. No. No. No. No. No. No…

Shall I continue?!

2 Likes

Yes please. With shrimp, not ham. Ham is good, but shrimp & pineapple is better.

1 Like

I don’t deliberately seek it out, but I don’t hate it, either. So I believe it does have a right to be considered a pizza topping.

1 Like

I think it’s disgusting but I don’t care what other people do to their pizzas as long as I don’t have to eat it.

3 Likes

As long as it’s cooked properly - you’re supposed to cook it beforehand so the juices don’t leak - then I’m fine either way. Not something I’d seek out, but not something I’d refuse to eat.

And personally, I don’t find it as weird as putting bananas on pizza, though at least those are less juicy.

Mom thinks it’s disgusting but I never had a chance to try it

I’m not opposed to it in theory, I mean sweet/savory is a great flavor, but I’m very specific about pizza in general and won’t eat it unless it’s the specific order/brand I like… Plus not a huge fan of ham on pizza either.

1 Like

It’s something I’ve always wanted to try but I don’t really know anyone who does like it to do that. And I don’t want to buy a whole pizza just to waste it if I don’t end up liking it, ya know?

I do have a feeling I wouldn’t be a big fan of it, though. I’m picky about combining textures and I can’t stand vegetables on a pizza, and I wouldn’t be surprised if that carries over to fruits as well.

2 Likes

Leaving aside the issue that I can’t have pizza anymore because of cheese (woe), pineapple on pizza is a solid NOPE.

2 Likes

Are vegan cheeses unavailable in your area?

1 Like

I haven’t found one I like yet.

1 Like

I like having a pineapple and ham/Canadian bacon pizza on occasion. It’s not my go-to pizza, but I do like it.

For those who haven’t tried it and might want to, do you have any restaurants that sell pizza by the slice, or are pizza buffets? We used to have a pizza place here that had a pizza buffet, and I loved it! It was a great way to try pizzas before getting a whole one, or getting to have a slice (or two) of a kind that you like but don’t want a whole pizza of (for me, that was the BLT pizza).

no thanks. no hate to people who like it(except jokingly of course) but you can have my pizza if I mistakenly get one with pineapples on it.

1 Like

I don’t like it at all, but there are a lot more toppings I don’t like that I’m not rallying against just because other people like them, so whatever

1 Like

Really good if it’s good and sweet pineapple, not appealing if it’s too acidic. Though I don’t understand the strong feelings about this that have become pop culture by now.

2 Likes

I quite like it, though I have to be in the mood for that specific pizza texture.

1 Like

Pineapple on pizza is gross. I don’t particularly care for most sweet and savory combo foods. They all just taste weird to me. Eat it if you want, but I’ll have none of it. I might (jokingly) call you a heathen, but I’d also do that if you ate your pizza with veggies or an absurd amount of meat or cheese. By extension, that also means I’m a-okay with someone (jokingly) calling me a heathen because I DON’T like pineapple on pizza.

I don’t like the texture of most veggies on pizza - they’re too cooked. And I have no issues if you put meat on pizza. I just don’t like it when the pizza is dripping with grease.

1 Like

I vote yes.

However, I only really like two kinds of pizza, cheese and pineapple and ham/Canadian bacon. So whenever I get a pizza, I’ll either get like three kinds of cheeses, or half cheese half pineapple and ham.

Its comfort food, my mom and several siblings like it and so when I have a bad day, I get thick crust pizza with those toppings and snuggle in for a movie with my cat.

2 Likes

I love pineapple, I’ll eat pineapple by itself until my mouth hurts but I am not fond of Canadian bacon, or most combinations of pineapple + meat.

But I also am the ‘weirdo’ who hates chocolate and mint together while enjoying both flavors separately.

2 Likes