Okay, readers, let's get wild!

Hey, folks, it’s me again! This time I’m looking to get some feedback on… some feedback! One of our readers sent in this query recently.

What are y’all’s thoughts on this? Would you like to see a separate category just for animal-related stories?

7 Likes

Sounds good to me.

Now, if you can come up with a way of getting the submitters to send in a photo too?

9e9

10 Likes

It’s got my dog’s interest.

9 Likes

Not Always Cute.

(But often cute.)

3 Likes

As long as the pet tax gets paid, why not?

6 Likes

Yes!!!

2 Likes

nodding frantically

Definitely!

goes dizzy from nodding

3 Likes

Apparently I’m the odd one out? lol, I wouldn’t mind it existing but I probably wouldn’t go to that tab myself, whereas I do see and like the animal posts on the other tabs. Just not interested in a whole tab for it.

4 Likes

It’s nice to see an animal story but I also don’t need a whole tab for it. I stick only on Newest and Popular myself. However, I also don’t need all the round-ups that keep appearing. It has been noted on this forum though that the round-ups get people clicking (and therefore ad revenue) so, whilst I don’t need it personally I would rather have this site and forum exist. And that needs to be paid for…

5 Likes

2 Likes

Question: would this category include stories with animal deaths/abuse in them?

4 Likes

Sootie approves!

6 Likes

Question: would this category include stories with animal deaths/abuse in them?

Excellent question. I assume at the very least such stories would have very clear trigger warnings?

5 Likes

I think it’s a good idea. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love this idea; I have a ton of stories from my family’s ranch and from my own furry and feathered friends that I’ve wanted to submit here for years; but never had the opportunity!

3 Likes

Same. I usually just go right to Newest and Popular. But I could see going right to a pets tab if I needed to see something cheerful/wanted to clear my head after reading an upsetting story. I don’t mind the roundups too much, as sometimes I’m reminded of a story I’d like to go back and reread or see something I missed.

1 Like

Oh sure! Absolutely! That’s a great idea :+1:

1 Like

Hey, folks, thanks so much for your thoughts on this! I’ll take the feedback to my team. :slight_smile:

Thank you to @KiannaMcDowell and @AlienToasterRepairs for your questions and thoughts regarding animal abuse and death. Excellent point! Nothing is decided yet regarding an animal category, but I do think we could try to keep that category wholesome. If we chose to include less wholesome stories, however, they would definitely be marked with a Content Warning.

Thanks again, everyone!

6 Likes