No sides with (restaurant) dish?

My family normally gets Chinese food for birthdays. Now due to going to a exhibit in (City) a couple of weeks ago we discovered that our normally Chinese place is closed. Anyway we (Mom, Dad and I) decided on getting some Red Lobster for Mom’s birthday. (The other option was to delay celebrating Mom’s b-day until Sept when the Chinese restaurant would be open again). As some of you know- my family doesn’t really do delivery apps like Uber Eats/Skip the dishes. But we got really close in ordering with one of these apps. Dad doesn’t seem to understand that the delivery fee (Which is $0 for your first purchase)-is not the same thing as the tip for the delivery person.

We ended up ordering by phone instead and Dad went and got our food. I was suppose to get two sides with my Shrimp Trio dish-but I got 0 sides at all. So Mom had to share some of her fries with me.

1 Like

Oops. Mooch felicitations, Mom! :slight_smile:

what does that mean?

Felicitations, for your Mom’s birthday.

Mooch, for you sharing your Mom’s fries.

(It also has other meanings.)

I should have said something like “Much felicitations”. So I did say something like “Much felicitations”, but, a little different. :slight_smile:

It is a little joke; whether anyone laughs depends on how it’s told. Perhaps I’ll put it in someone’s birthday card… or Christmas. Here’s a bit from “A Christmas Carol” to put on a card.

“And yet,” said Scrooge, “you don’t think me ill-used, when I pay a day’s wages for no work.”

"The clerk observed that it was only once a year.

“A poor excuse for picking a man’s pocket every twenty-fifth of December!” said Scrooge, buttoning his great-coat to the chin. “But I suppose you must have the whole day.”

And then you open the card to a picture of Scrooge looking very grumpy and saying “Mooch felicitations” !

1 Like

which is funny since it’s a Christmas Carol which gave my church its amateur theatre group.