News & Current Affairs

How can you get .5 of a channel? Do you get to choose what half of the channel you want? Because I want the left half, except on Sundays when I want the top and bottom quarters… Is that extra? :grin:

2 Likes

It’s all yours! :wink:

In this case, we get .5 (or so) of that channel in it comes in with varying amounts of clarity, probably due to things like current atmospheric conditions. Sometimes it has okay picture and audio, and sometimes the signal-to-noise ratio is so bad that it’s unwatchable.

1 Like

Ah. We have had a digital switchover in the UK and all the analogue TV antennas were turned off. Now your TV receiving box will either pick up the channel (pixelating occasionally if the strength is poor) or won’t pick it up at all. No snow here anymore…

2 Likes

David Tennant and Catherine Tate are coming back for thr 60th anniversary of Doctor Who!

2 Likes

*inhales
*exhales
You are a professional, professionals do not scream like teen girls at a Jonas Brothers concert.
Real talk this is so exciting.

2 Likes

There’s rumours which I’m going to put in spoilers that some people think that for some reason David Tenant will be 14th doctor and Ncuti Gatwa the 15th Doctor but like I said only rumours there’s no proof and did you hear about the potential new companion whose first name is the same as the first New Who companion?

How can David Tennant be both the 10th and the 14th Doctor? Surely it would be a brief return to the 10th if true?

1 Like

Doctor Who is Timey Wimey. But in the last Special anniversary (50th?) the one where Tennant and Smith were in - “The Curator” for the museum that was part of the plot was another former Doctor Who Actor (Tom Baker) and “The Curator” mentions he likes to revisit “just the old favourites”. But then rumors are just that rumors… take with a bit of salt.

It also doesn’t help that Tenant himself hasn’t confirmed, denied or even fudge it last month

1 Like

I’m open for anything happening, but I’d think it’s strange if he is not the 10th because Catherine Tate is there too. I think it’s more of a timey wimey thing and the 10th Doctor from the Donna-era will pop up

2 Likes

Tate’s not the only person there on set. The guy whom played Donna’s grandfather is also there on set.

Sorry to be a nuisance, but could you please all post known stuff and speculation about Doctor Who in hidden form?

I’d much rather learn about what’s in the various DW episodes by watching the episodes when they are broadcast.

I know it’s going to be next to impossible for me not to find out about it in advance, but it would be nice if there is at least one spoiler-free DW area…

Thank you!

4 Likes

Sorry!

Or like someone from that universe would have said…

river-song-spoiler

4 Likes

Sighs

Covid, war, and billionaires getting more and more interested in leaving earth. Now this…

Can Mother Gaia please calm down for a sec…

3 Likes

Ontario and Quebec is recovering from a big storm on Saturday afternoon. In Ontario nine people are dead now because of the storm. And in two towns one of which is sort of near me has a state of emergency

2 Likes

What do you guys think, will this be the end for BoJo?

1 Like

I really hope so.

I’m hoping that:

a) Johnson calls a general election
b) Labour/Lib Dem alliance gets in
c) Electoral reform is brought in to do away with First Past the Post, and instead Proportional Representation is brought in (I’m fed up with not having my vote count for anything, as I only ever seem to live in safe seats).

2 Likes

Boris stays, for now. 211 For, 148 Against. Theresa May had a better margim for victory at her Vote of Confidence but was still gone six months later…

2 Likes

BTW, I reckon we should now have “News and current affairs - June”.

Can we just rename the thread rather than creating a new one?

2 Likes

IMO the original one would have been enough. The thread is not active enough to require monthly seperates * shrug *

4 Likes