New Moderators - Hi There!

Hello to you all! We’d like to introduce ourselves. I’m PotatoPercy, and our other moderators are SkogKvinne and MoroseFlamingo. We’re here to ensure this can be a safe space for everyone to enjoy their time here. In the coming days and weeks, we’ll be poking around here getting to know you, refreshing the rules, and creating polls to help us better understand how we can make this forum truly kicka** for you. Feel free to ask us anything here!

11 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

To get to properly know each of you, which three stories in the archives are your individual favorites and why?

2 Likes

Rainbow Pizza, without doubt. I prefer it to the little girl’s photography session, but i know others would disagree.

As for my third favourite, it’s that Cake is a Lie entry (number 5, i think?) where a woman is ordering a wedding cake and not listening to the OP that the shop hasn’t been a cake in over 25 years and they only do bread.

Edited to add links:

2 Likes

(I’m almost certain Kenneth meant the new moderators’ favourite stories.)

And welcome, new mods!

1 Like

Whoops! :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

I don’t know if I could pick a particular “favorite”, but I love AIBU or any posts related to crazy families. Sometimes it’s nice to know your family isn’t the craziest…

2 Likes

Haha well fair, but “The cake is a lie” is a pretty good one. That woman needs to work on her listening skills lol.

2 Likes

Ironically, as @Istvan_Kiss points out, i should work on my reading skills…

2 Likes

Welcome to all of you. I would be grateful if you would let us know what timezones you all occupy. General curiosity more than anything.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Fond of cooking-related topics for sure, so What’s Cooking? is a fave. Epic of the Impossible Store and Courage Under Hire are perfect examples of retail being “like that.”

3 Likes

For a moment there I thought you were one of the new mods and forgot to change your account before answering.

5 Likes

Welcome. Good luck trying to steer this bunch in the right direction :smiley:

3 Likes

Nah… I’m just an idiot.

1 Like

We’re worldwide, babieeeee. :wink:

2 Likes

We’re expert cat herders!
… We’re good cat herders.

2 Likes

My bet is that SkogKvinne is Norwegian :grin:

2 Likes

Hello to our new mods. @PotatoPercy and like cats, we will not be herded.

6 Likes

Ugh. Fair.
And accurate.

1 Like

A good guess.

3 Likes