New-look comment section

Am I the only one who doesn’t love it?

The formatting changes I could get used to, but when you’re leaving half the screen clear for ads and then using indenting to mark replies in the other half of the screen, things get unreadable fast…

6 Likes

No, you’re not the only one. I hate it, too.

3 Likes

Yikes, didn’t realise how bad it was on desktop. Yeah that is less than good.

4 Likes

Loathe it.

2 Likes

Sadly this change is across all Disqus sites, so unless Disqus listen to their users, it’s unlikely to change back

4 Likes

Never have I been prouder to not be a member of the Commentariat.

1 Like

You’ve redecorated. I don’t like it.

3 Likes

Huh, it’s interesting to see how negative everyone’s reaction is; I’m quite ambivalent towards it. I noticed it, thought “Hey, look, new look, it’s more similar to the forum’s aesthetics now” and spared it no more thought.

2 Likes

Add me to the “not a fan” group. I had to adjust my zoom level down so that the comment section didn’t look all freakishly large. Now the font size on the stories is smaller, which I don’t like. sigh I’ll probably go back and forth between font sizes until I figure out which one I can tolerate the best: the story or the comment section. (I should add that I almost always read NAR on my laptop.)

2 Likes

I hate it. No, I DESPISE it. It’s poorly coded, for text (username + info line) is overlapping and line-breaking wonkily. It’s a clunky, clumsy, ill-designed monstrosity of a comment display.

AND! I can’t Upvote/Like comments properly! Sometimes I go to upvote a comment, and it won’t let me click. There’s no reason whatsoever for this. It’s buggy as hell.

2 Likes

My one peeve with it is that the clock icon showing how long ago the post was posted makes me think it’s the “pending for moderation” icon.

6 Likes

Yeah, I keep getting tripped up by that!

2 Likes

I’ve never see that there are comments under NAR stories ! :astonished:
The Privacy Badger module is blocking Disqus, and even if I reactivate it, there is so much thing between the story and the comments that I don’t scroll to it, I think I’m on the footer of the page.

I’ve seen the comment logo, but the number beside it is always zero, so I thought it was a long time functionnality discarded.

For those who haven’t seen it yet, @TallieFalcon has found out how to revert to the classic Disqus style, and posted a handy pic to show where to find it:

7 Likes

YAY! Thanks!

3 Likes