Name that show!

The streaming chat brought up memories of some shows from my childhood in the 80s but I can’t think of what they were called!

I guess this initial question might be for the Brits but I thought the thread could be used more generally for people trying to figure out the name of movies, shows, music etc.

1. It was either a stop motion animation or pupper show about animals that lived near a deep dark wood. I remember a baby owl got lost and nearly got eaten by some crows.

2. A cartoon about adventures with a magic scientist who, amongst other things had a submarine that was also a whale.

3. A live action show with animated elements that involved an evil Queen. I remember an ice spider spinning a web in a window but not much else.

Does anybody have any ideas about any of these???

2 Likes

Is the first one Willo the Wisp?

Not sure on the others.

Number 2 sounds a bit like Doctor Snuggles? It was narrated by Peter Ustinov. One of those episodes was written by Douglas Adams

1 Like

I’ve just googled it, I don’t think so but it sounds interesting!

1 Like

That was it! Thank you, people questioned my memory and my sanity over that.

2 Likes

Sounded like Orm and Cheep to me.

1 Like

That’s it! Thank you. Nobody other than my sister who also kinda vaguely remembered it had any idea what I was trying to describe

1 Like

I remember that particular episode too. We had a video with a couple of episodes, that being one of them.

1 Like

Not to discourage posting here on NAR, but there’s a subreddit called TipOfMyTongue that’s for questions like these!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.