My favorite classic NAR story

For me, it will always be DE TING, DE TING!!! - we even used to have a t-shirt of that one… those were the days.

What’s your favorite classic?

4 Likes

I like Boris, and the Batman/chocolate milk story.

4 Likes

Courage Under Hire the story where someone foils a robbery while on autopilot!

“Look man! It’s been a long day! Buy something or leave! There’s a Line!”

8 Likes

The trash room story is one that’s personally always fun to revisit just because of the sheer wtf factor to it.

13 Likes

I could never pick a favorite, there’s too many to love, but Enter the Meowdarin always gets a laugh outta me.

9 Likes

Boris.

2 Likes

That’s still the longest story we’ve ever published. I remember when it was being discussed among the editors about if we should cut it down, but no, every single part of that story was vital!

7 Likes

Gotham is safe

6 Likes

Nothing screams more to the soul-sucking nature of working retail than being sooooo exhausted and on auto-pilot that you don’t even know when you’re being robbed.

This guy was more concerned with getting the line down than his life!

3 Likes

Oh wow, I had totally forgotten about this one! Will have to include this in an evil cats roundup! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I can’t remember the title, and can’t link (don’t remember where it was), but one of my favorites was the cashier that directed a thief to the pharmacist. His manager asked him WHY he had directed the thief back there. Then you see the thief FLEEING the store, with a huge angry man following. Cashier turns to his manager, [Pharmacist] is working today. And of coarse, the pharmacist is the big angry guy. Love that story, made me laugh every time I saw it.

7 Likes

Hard Drugs And Harder Pharmacists!

6 Likes

There are so many to choose from…but I think this Learning entry does it for me:

9 Likes

The link to the story is colored red. I think it should be blue and blue on “de link”

6 Likes

The Epic Of The Impossible Store This one is my favorite too. It is purely well written, amazing, just on the cusp of unbelievable and yet completely believable.

7 Likes

I was reminded of another classic when somebody mentioned it elsewhere: ‘Driving Miss Daisy Will Drive Them Crazy’.
It’s brilliant! :smile:

1 Like

Oh gosh yes! I remember reading the story to my friend who was having trouble at his own office, and I told him, “At least you know you don’t work in a place with a Poe-esque garbage room!”

3 Likes

You know a story is a true classic when you merely only have to mention a single word and we all know exactly which story it is.

5 Likes

The Cake Is A Lie, Part 5

4 Likes

I’d forgotten about that story, so thanks for reminding me!

I kneaded to read that…

1 Like