Misheard lyrics

So This post had the commenters talking about misheard lyrics. So what are your favorite misheard lyrics?

There’s a song where i swear the backing lyrics are “ona ona onomatopoeia”, but apparently it’s something completely different.

But my favourite? Summed up nicely in this advert:

2 Likes

John Fogerty’s “There’s a bad moon on the rise” has been so often misheard as “There’s a bathroom on the right”, that he sometimes sings it that way in concert to see how many people notice.

3 Likes

Back in 1981, when I was 14, the Go-Go’s had a song titled “Our Lips Are Sealed”. Young me misheard the title lyrics in the song as “honest Cecile”. And I don’t remember how long it was before I caught the actual title and figured it out. :laughing:

And some of the funniest ones I have read about are for Elton John’s song “Rocket Man”, specifically for the line “burning out his fuse up here alone”. Some examples: “Burning all the shoes I’ve ever known”; “Burnin’ up a pair of hairy gnome”; “Burnin’ out his fuse, his hairs too long”. :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Another oldie - Jimi Hendrix sang “'Scuse me while I kiss the sky”, not “while I kiss this guy”.

2 Likes

two words: Disney songs

I guess because of the Once Upon a Dream song is a bit high-pitched or something? I for sometimes thought that the one line was something like “Eyes so familiar ugly”. But the actual lyric is “Eyes so familiar a gleem”

1 Like

Not sure this counts, but i will happily look for any opportunity to post this delightful video.

Did you know that the letter G, in rare cases, can sound like something else entirely?

The little girl in this video went off script, and Jim Henson reacted beautifully. Apparently everyone present were doing their absolute best not to laugh, and thank heavens they didn’t, or this adorable moment could have been lost for ever.

3 Likes

Celebs Dion’s “My heart will/My hotdogs go on…” is the one that usually springs to mind!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.