Live geese in box in parking lot of local movie theatre

Yesterday the parents and I went to see Fantastic Beats and Where to Find Them: The Secrets of Dumbledore. When we were walking to the movie theatre from the parking lot there was a “garden box” and there was a live geese with a nest in there. Mom at first thought it was a statue until she saw it was moving. I noticed it was hissing at us when we went by. Dad said that after dark when people went near there they will be “in for a surprise”.

We got Popeye’s for supper yesterday after the movie and I got the popcorn shrimp and the parents got the chicken burger. Dad got the spicy one.

There were a bunch of baby geese by the edge of campus in the spring. It was A Problem because they were constantly blocking the sidewalk and mama geese were not happy with people.

1 Like

We see Canadian Geese around here all the time lol, they generally stay out of people’s way. They like to steal food from the ducks, though.

My dad when he was 5 was chased by one and his Dad stopped it eventually

Goose is my favourite Christmas bird.

1 Like

I’m guessing you’re talking about eating it like in A CHristmas Carol?

Pretty much. Roasted with cider gravy. But I would definitely have a pet goose given the opportunity.

I did stay on a farm once and this Canadian goose charged over honking. Turns out that it was friendly and I got to stroke it. Interesting feel.

1 Like

cool.

We tried to have goose once that My Dad hunted but it turned out very dry?

I think that it depends on the variety of goose. I always find turkey to be really dry no matter who or how it’s cooked.

1 Like

I love goose and duck.

2 Likes

Ralph Wiggum has his own favourite

duck-duck-goose-ralph-wiggum

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.