Lipstick Bots are back... with strawberries

Keep an eye out for strawberries in profile names. They’re bots!

Warning: these bots will frequently have photos that are NSFW. You have been warned!

5 Likes

Well, at least that one has been taken out already.

1 Like

Yeah I was debating remaking this thread myself.
So far I’ve been seeing them stealth liking random comments, not making a comment themselves.
So if you notice a profile in the liked drop down that normally goes something like
:kiss:[GenericFemaleName]:kiss:
You can report the account.
Usually the only comment on their profile is a NSFW photo and solicitation though, which you will probably see if you open the profile, so beware

1 Like

If you see who they follow, or who follows them, you might find more bots to report

1 Like

Just found a treasure trove of bots… someone (not me!) appears to be following only bots! Some of the bots even have the same picture.

https://disqus.com/by/disqus_2ugF5slUTM/following/

Ive made a start in reporting all this accounts… everyone is free to join in!

1 Like

While it’s obviously not you, I’m fairly certain someone deliberately took the name of one of the most popular NAR commenters, but possibly the single most popular one, to get a few clicks. Of course, this will only be useful for them if that account ever posts/likes something.

2 Likes

Nah, it’s just a common name. Fair play to the bot creator though, for choosing the correct spelling!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.