Last Keyboard Shortcut

What was the last keyboard shortcut you learned?

Mine was Windows + ALT + R for screen record ^.^

1 Like

Well, I just learnt screen record :rofl:

6 Likes

Probably one of the Windows basics. Moved to Linux a while ago so more Terminal usage. But I have just learned Screen Record!

1 Like

That’s a new one. I like to use F4 to close things. (might actually be F2).

1 Like

Probably one of the Excel F number shortcuts. F2 is extremely useful, as it allows editing in a cell so you can use your arrow keys to move within the cell, rather than selecting another cell.

One of the othe characters (F4, I think) will lock a cell destination (eg will turn C4 into C$4$), especially useful if you’re about to copy an equation to another cell, but you need the cell destination to be the same for both equations.

Another for excel is ALT+Return, which puts a line break within a cell.

1 Like

Control + V. Basic, but it works.

2 Likes

Windows+L to lock my screen whenever I’m away from my desk. Not that I deal with any thing really confidential, but I don’t want to make to too easy for anyone :-).

3 Likes

Just found a useful one for Linux Alt + ` (grave accent). Switches between windows of the same application. I’m running Cookie Clicker in the other window of Firefox (different tabs of the same window make it freeze). Not sure if this works on Windows.

1 Like

well, i just learned that one thanks to you. beyond that, i dont know its been a while since i learned them so i don’t know which one i learned last. the ones i use the most are control + C, control +V, and Control + F. i think out of those i learned control V last.

out of all the ones i use the most i think i learned that one last. it made copy and pasting even easier.

That’s handy! I’ve been going to the menu and clicking through the menu to do that.

No more!

control + z is also awesome if you screw up. I may have used this a fair bit.

1 Like

Other than the one you just shared, probably win+v to open my clipboard and choose what I wanted to copy and paste. Useful if I need to copy multiple screenshots form one place to another, for example.

2 Likes

I Tab a lot to go through the boxes in my accounting software at work, so learning that Alt + Tab goes backward was a lifesaver.

1 Like

I had no idea about that clipboard. Does it show thumbnails of the images as well as the text?

2 Likes

Aye. I often forget about clipboard, but it’s useful at times :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it does.

1 Like