It's the apocalypse and all of us are the survivors. What skills you bringing to the table?

I can garden, bake, cook (decently) and know some basic carpentry/masonry. I have a bunch of survival guides, a few books on beekeeping, and have a novice understanding of canning/preserving, including eggs.

2 Likes

High-falutin’ English and editing skills won’t get me far in an apocalypse! I can bake and cook and fumble my way through basic gardening, though, and I’m good with kids and can help with teaching and with some organization. And storytelling for morale.

3 Likes

I’m a nurse, I’d help medically as far as possible.

I enjoy cooking, can use a compass and know some basic survival stuff, like making fire

2 Likes

I’m doomed. I’ll probably be the first to get eaten.

1 Like

We will put you on guard duty then :wink:

3 Likes

I agree with @LeadingZero I would just die instantly

1 Like

If you can learn, you’ll survive. Read, practice, apply.

2 Likes

I would be useless in this. I have no skills at all

I feel like you would be the group leader with that speech I also just realized I am good with geography not sure if that would help.

Well, I do have a large library of books about various historical skills, so maaaaybe….

1 Like

Maybe you could advise us on various myths seeing as there are zombies that wouldn’t be too far-fetched, would it?

I don’t think there’s a lot of myths about zombies. Now if you;re talking about werewolves and Vampires that would be another thing

I know some basic first aid stuff, I can vaguely sew, and I can follow a recipe. Other than that, not much. Maybe my manual handling training would come in handy if something needed moved? I’m used to carrying a heavy backpack around everywhere (though out of practise) so I could carry supplies.

3 Likes

I’ve read lots of horror books. So I have knowledge. Lol I also can bake a mean muffin. Lol I also took karate years ago. I remember some of it. What I don’t I can fake.

2 Likes

I like to think I’m pretty strong and don’t tire easily. So just tell me which stone or log to put where, or which animal you killed for food needs to be transported.
I also have quick reflexes, so if you drop something close to me, I’ll possibly be able to catch that for you :slight_smile:
Other than that, I won’t make it on my own, so please let me be part of your group!

EDIT: Can you also come get me? I’d get lost if you don’t.

6 Likes

is being able to shoot a skill? Does anyone beside me have that ability? So I might be able to help defend?

1 Like

What do you shoot?

I’ll fill out my skillset soon but I would be interested to learn which side of the pond would have a better chance of survival.

We have three active Brits, plus @Murdocku and @Sillsallad on the Continent. Also, are we assuming that significant others snuff it?

2 Likes

I think that depends on the kind of apocalypse. If it’s high water, better not stay on the island. If it’s zombies, better DO stay on the island, so there is a limited number of enemies.

2 Likes

I also know how to shoot and in response to @PublishedAuthor’s question I shoot rifles shotguns.