I'm not sure what to do

I’m looking for some advice. For those of you who don’t know, I was adopted and about 8 years ago I met my biological father and siblings. I don’t have any contact with most of them. But I just got off the phone with the one who is closest in my age and he said that our brother, who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, is not doing well and he may not have much longer to live. Now I haven’t heard from him or spoken to him since our father died which was maybe 6 years ago. But he said I should go see him. The thing is I don’t have a way to get there and I honestly don’t know if me going to see him would help him at all. Yes it might make me feel good to tie up loose ends but that’s kind of selfish of me. Any advice? I mean I guess I could ask him (the one I just spoke with) if I could ride with him when he goes to visit our brother again.

1 Like

Personally Id start with a few phone calls before a visit. Give the sick brother a call, check in, see if he is in a place for visitors etc. Its also probably worth checking in with the sick brothers family see if they are up for visitors especially if you guys arent particularly close.

After that you can figure out the logistics if the visit actually happens

6 Likes

My brother did just go visit him but from what I know it didn’t go well. They’ve been estranged for a while. It’s not that I’m estranged from him - no bad blood between us. But we just haven’t been in contact. But I will contact my sister in law.

Thank you.

4 Likes

that’s too bad about your one brother. You should try to visit him even if you guys weren’t close

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.