Holiday treat recipes

Since the holiday season is upon us why not share our favorite recipes? Share a recipe you use either as a gift or for dessert and what holiday you make it for.

I’m going to start us off with homemade truffles. These are so EASY and they make great gifts. I make them for Christmas gifts and for a cookie plate. But the great thing is they can be made and used/eaten anytime because the ingredients are easy to find, well in the United States and possibly Canada too.

Here’s the link to the recipe. Now I will say I’ve made them with peanut butter Oreos, mint, and the ones with the chocolate cream along with the regular Oreos and they all taste wonderful. I just suggest if you do that that you mark the truffles with different colored jimmies or decorations in case you have someone with peanut allergies.

2 Likes

That does look yummie!

I’ve linked this one before, but it is one I like to pull out for winter holidays. You don’t have to use raspberry jam for the filling. I use either a cinnamon sugar mix or strawberry jam depending on what I feel like. It looks like it takes a lot more work than it actually does.

3 Likes

This is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada. My husband wanted raisin pie. No problem, right? I checked two grocery stores, both sell a wide variety of pies—but not raisin—and a wide variety of pie fillings—but not raisin!

So I made one from scratch. We’ll see how it turned out tomorrow.

1 Like

Linked this one before, and it’s my favorite cookie ever - the gingerbread spices and butterscotch is a perfect balance, and still retains a good bite (not too crisp not too chewy) for what managed to survive the first few days and of course the right consistency for shapes and decorating

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.