Harry Potter fans gather here!

Since we have a Pokémon thread thought I’d post one for Harry Potter fans. I recently added something to my bucket list - to spend one night in this house.

Harry Potter house

I loooved HP as a kid, was very busy reading all sorts of theories online (Was it called Pottermore?)

I’m sort of happy that the books weren’t all published already, the waiting and the anticipation made it magical, everything was still possible

1 Like

I was an adult when the first books came out and at first I couldn’t have cared less. But my brother, who is a teacher, got into reading them because his students did. So I watched the first movie. And I was hooked.

1 Like

I see words I understand!!!

When part 4 came out, I had a deal with my mom. I could have the book Saturday when we also celebrated a birthday at our home, she would get it Sunday. I was 13, and I think bedtime was 10? I went to bed, sneaking the book with me. Thinking mom wouldn’t notice because the party.
Stroke of midnight: I hear someone opening the livingroom door, so I instantly turned the light off. Mom came in my room, proclaiming, it’s Sunday, so the book is mine.

Offcourse she didn’t start reading right away, she just knew I took the book and let me read a bit after bedtime, this was her way to get me to go to sleep at somewhat reasonable time.

1 Like

My mom is a teacher too, she read the first 2 at school, starting part 3, we had to have them the very first day.

1 Like

I got halfway through writing a Harry Potter Disney musical preview fanfic. I’m just having trouble with Year 6 songs. The idea, came to me years ago because I got really sick and tired of YouTube videos having Harry’s theme be “Zero to Hero” that’s more Neville’s theme song. (he goes from Honour to us All song note that the Relfection song is in the first one, if I ever finish the preview, I will make a new one with it (“Ancestors, hear my plea, help me not mess up my family tree/keep my grandmother standing strong”-note: I know the last line is technically father standing strong. But I’m editing it to reflect the character) to other characters singing “Zero to Hero” in Year 7. Harry’s theme song is “Go the Distance”

Year 1-
Minerva as a cat-Everyone wants to be a Cat (when Vernon is going to work/coming back to the house)
Dumbledore’s use line line from “two worlds”
Harry-Go the Distance (after the motorcycle dream), and then after meeting Hagrid Strangers like me"
Fred and George&Harry sing the “no worries” song from TLK
Ron sings-Toy Story’s theme song and a little bit of “Colours of the wind”
Hermione sings Jasmine’s line, from Aladdin’s A Whole New World
Hagrid-Bare Neccessarties
Minvera "bibb bobbied boo"
Ron-a line from Belle song from TBTB (but edited, to replace Belle, with Hermione)
Quirrell/Voldy “Friends on the other side

Ginny “Part of Your World reprise
here’s the link to the one of the two sites
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8569481/1/Harry-Potter-The-Muisical-Preview?cf_chl_jschl_tk=uPgQN5dLPcBJjGH6_w6WZMD9gbkuN7bJxV1KyuQ2tYk-1641329731-0-gaNycGzNCP0

Oh and in fourth year, I make a little dig, at the fact that strange things happened on Halloween at Hogwarts- by "This Is Halloween"

you guys can ask me what other songs are used!

note: DA’s song (think of Shang Li’s song from Mulan 1998), is the best one!

Two rants are going to happen here (related to Harry Potter)

First one: I am really sick and tired of people thinking there’s any other alternatives for Fake!Moody to have Harry kidnapped without putting him into the Tournament. For goodness bloody sakes, it would be like trying to kidnap Prince George when he’s a teenager (he’s that protected. Let’s see some alternatives plans:

Plan A: Have Harry stay after class (Thursday after lunch and goes to almost supper). Even if Harry tells the others (Ron/Hermione) to go ahead to the Great Hall. But then when they see he’s not showing up there, they will check, the Common Room, and then check, to see if Invisibility Cloak and Maurder’s Map are in Harry’s trunk. If they found them still there, they will be sure to inform McGongall who would in turn inform Dumbledore. And there would be a huge search for Harry.

Plan B: Have Harry step into Fake!Moody’s office at any other point in school year. Same thing would happen. Ron/Hermione would notice he’s not at meals, and not in the common room and not at classes. They would again, inform McGongall (after checking for Maruders Map/Invisibility Cloak in Harry’s trunk) who would inform Dumbledore which would lead to a big search.

(both the above would incidated Fake!Moody which is another thing that Voldy didn’t want to happen).

Plan C: have Harry disapper during the night by having his bedsheets enchanted. Only thing is that there’s four other boys in the dorm. So one of them is bound to have to go to the bathroom during the night. If it’s one of the others (Neville, Seamus, Dean) when they see Harry’s not there, I’m pretty sure they’ll wake up Ron and ask him if he knows where Harry is. Then I’m not sure but Ron might check for the Maruder’s Map and Invisibility Cloak in Harry’s trunk and check bathrooms and then try to find McGongall, who would inform Dumbledore which again leads to a search.

Plan D: Make Meet Harry at Hogsmede and make a big deal out of Harry’s going to be kidnapped by someone else and then actually kidnap him and take him to Voldy. Either a)Ron and Hermione would notice Harry’s not anywhere in Hogsmede or at Hogwarts and would contact McGongall who would contact Dumbledore. or b)a bunch of different years 3 years and up would protect Harry from a fake!Moody

(and like A & B plans Plan D too easily is connected to Fake!Moody)

The other rant is that people think that Dumbledore could have had better applicants in 1991 for the Defense Against the Dark Arts job . But I don’t think its possible because by Harry’s first year at Hogwarts (1991), its been 24 years of the jinx being on the DADA first starting Circa 1967. So in a sense, By Harry’s first year, Dumbledore was starting to scrape the bottom of the Barrell for possible applicants.

and don’t get me started on the reason for the “7 Potters” decoys decision. How hard is it to understand that ANY OTHER WAY WAS ILLEGAL by that point?!

Sometimes, I wonder if people even read history or pay attention to history. Because if they did, they would know being in a world where you can’t trust anyone (not your family members, not your friends, your neighbours, for parents their kids, or for kids, their parents) is creepy

You seem to assume they don’t want a big search. Except kidnapping someone during the middle of a high-profile tournament is very likely to attract attention. Also, since Fake Moody was the one who carried the cup to the center of the maze to begin with, he clearly didn’t care about not getting caught. So basically, there’s no reason to protect Fake Moody or to prevent a search.

And sure, in the Seven Potters incident, it was illegal to apparate him out or use a portkey or whatnot. Two problems with that argument:

1. They’re pretty sure that the law is illegal
  2. They have a criminal among their ranks
    So why not have Fletcher apparate him out? It’s not like he’s not already wanted.

That’s even before you get into the fact that the Ministry can’t track who did what. Like in the second book, when they couldn’t tell that Dobby was the one who cast a spell. (And then in the beginning of the fifth book, a bunch of adults cast spells in the house with no problem…) Also, you can apparate on broomsticks (as Fletcher demonstrates), so what’s to stop them from using the brooms to get outside the protections and then apparate away? Why do they have to fly the entire way?

Oh, and there’s the fact that everyone involved was apparently willing to risk their lives to get Harry out of the house… but not some criminal activity? I mean, seriously. If they win, the entire matter’s going to be thrown out. If they lose, then they have bigger problems. Why should they care about not doing illegal things when they’ve been doing espionage and treasonous activities in the previous books?

And then there are still other options. Like, why not have Harry sneak out under his cloak to a point where it’s not forbidden to apparate or use a portkey? Why not have someone act as a decoy but have the real Harry sneak out?

Also, they have a metamorphmagus on the team but don’t have her transform to look like Harry. That is stupid, especially since Fletcher is a liability. Oh, and when they’re outside, they use real names and help the female Harrys onto their modes of transportation. If they were under watch at that point (as Moody suggested), then the Death Eaters would know who was who.

In short, the whole thing was stupid and just because JKR pretended to have in-universe reasons for doing it doesn’t make it less so.

Well like I said, kidnapping Harry would be like kidnapping a Teenage Prince George it would led to a big search. We don’t know where the trophy cup was for most of the book. But if Harry “dies” in the maze it would just look like an accident (and it was one of two tasks where the audience didn’t see what was going on). The other theory was, that Voldy would have someone drink PP and pretend to be Harry and since Ron and Hermione are so close to him, they would know something off and again, contact Mcgongall.
PS Just because Moody took the cup INTO the maze doesn’t mean that the additional apperation thing could be traced back to him.

And sure, in the Seven Potters incident, it was illegal to apparate him out or use a portkey or whatnot. Two problems with that argument:

1. They’re pretty sure that the law is illegal
  2. They have a criminal among their ranks
    So why not have Fletcher apparate him out? It’s not like he’s not already wanted
  1. Remember Voldy had mostly taken over the minstry by this point. And whomever replaced Scrimegour as Head of Aurors had 1)made it illegal to connect Dursleys’ to the Floo network, and making a Portkey was illegal without permison even before this (see book 5). All here’s book 5 quote: ‘Brooms,’ said Lupin. ‘Only way. You’re too young to Apparate, they’ll be watching the Floo Network and it’s more than our life’s worth to set up an unauthorised Portkey.’

, and side-along apparition couldn’t happen because of one reason or other. They could “only” use methods which were already encanted (brooms, Thestrals, and Sirius/Hagrid/Harry’s Flying Motorcycle

Here’s the (real) Moody’s quote from book 7 Chapter 4: “As Dedalus probably told you, we had to abandon Plan A. Pius Thicknesse has gone over, which gives us a big problem. He’s made it an imprisonable offense to connect this house to the Floo Network, place a Portkey here, or Apparate in or out. All done in the name of your protection, to prevent You-Know-Who getting in at you. Absolutely pointless, seeing as your mother’s charm does that already. What he’s really done is to stop you getting out of here safely.”

More Real Moody:
.The Trace, the Trace!" said Mad-Eye impatiently. “The charm that detects magical activity around under-seventeens, the way the Ministry finds out about underage magic! *If you, or anyone around you, casts a spell to get you out of here, Thicknesse is going to know about it, and so will the Death Eaters.”

2.Maybe they didn’t ask Dung to do it, because for all they know Dung might just leave Harry in the Sarah Desert or something? But again, asperating from the Dursley’s was illegal, they had to get Harry from the Dursleys to another house before using the FLoo/Portkeys/Apperating. It was only illegal at the Dursley’s house but not outside of it. (trying to get Harry stuck in a corner like a fox in a fox-hole being cornered by a dog?). The only way for Dung not to leave Harry someplace would be for someone else to go along. Since like you said Dung’s a liability.

That’s even before you get into the fact that the Ministry can’t track who did what . Like in the second book, when they couldn’t tell that Dobby was the one who cast a spell. (And then in the beginning of the fifth book, a bunch of adults cast spells in the house with no problem…) Also, you can apparated on broomsticks (as Fletcher demonstrates), so what’s to stop them from using the brooms to get outside the protections and then apparate away? Why do they have to fly the entire way?

In my opinion the trace ONLY seem to applies to Muggle-borns or for wizards in unusually circumstances (ie: Harry’s case living with Muggle relatives). If Ron, or Ginny did magic after they got their wand at home, the Ministry wouldn’t be able to tell whom did it with there being (Molly, Arthur, Percy, George and Fred) in the house. Dumbledore says in the 6th book something about the Ministry expects parents to control their offspring?.

found the conversation from book 6:

“But how come the Ministry didn’t realize that Voldemort had done all that to Morfin?” Harry asked angrily. “He was underage at the time, wasn’t he? I thought they could detect underage magic!”

“You are quite right–they can detect magic, but not the perpetrator: you will remember that you were blamed by the Ministry for the Hover Charm that was, in fact, cast by --”

“Dobby,” growled Harry; this injustice still rankled. “So if you’re underage and you do magic inside an adult witch or wizard’s house, the Ministry won’t know?”

They will certainly be unable to tell who performed the magic,” said Dumbledore, smiling slightly at the look of great indignation on Harry’s face. “They rely on witch and wizard parents to enforce their offspring’s obedience while within their walls.”

Like I think hypothetically if Harry had done magic at the Burrow in one of the three books he’s there for, the Ministry couldn’t even lift a finger because of their being other magic-users around.

Expect they weren’t flying all the way to the Burrow. Each set of the “decoy” Harrys and the Real Harry were going to different safe houses. Hagrid & Real Harry were going to Tonks’ parents’ place (Androema and Ted Tonks), Moody’s house was another house, I think Shacklebolt’s was another, and Molly’s Great Aunt Murriel’s house was another one. (and that’s four out of 12 safe homes). Once they got to the safe homes, they would take a Portkey to Burrow. The only problem was to get Harry OUT without doing criminal activity which basically was everything was criminal which could have gotten Harry Out.

Well Harry was the only one by this point still underage (by a couple of days). Moody, Hagrid, Tonks, Kingsley, Shacklebolt, Arthur and Bill been adults (over 17) for awhile. The Twins been adults for about 2-3 years by this point, Hermione’s 18th birthday is approaching in Sept 19. And Ron has it 17th birthday on March 1st the day he not only ate outdated Love-potion laced Cauldron cakes but got some poisoned mead meant for
Dumbledore. Fleur was an adult as of book 4.

Also, they have a metamorphmagus on the team but don’t have her transform to look like Harry. That is stupid, especially since Fletcher is a liability. Oh, and when they’re outside, they use real names and help the female Harrys onto their modes of transportation. If they were under watch at that point (as Moody suggested), then the Death Eaters would know who was who.

Expect that the DEs know the house is there but they couldn’t “Do” anything until the group left the house area. (Like the DEs “knew” where Grimmauld Place was but they couldn’t DO anything) So nope the DEs had NO clue whom was whom until Harry was stupid enough to use his “signature spell” Oh and the using the real names in the book happened when they’re still inside the house after the Decoy Harrys (Dung, Fleur, Hermione, Ron and the twins) took PP to turn into Potter. Moody’s telling the decoys/protectors whom were going with whom. Dung=Moody, George or Fred with Arthur, the other twin with Remus, Bill says he will take Fleur on a Threstal, and Hermione was going w/ Kingsley on a Threstal as well, And Ron is with Tonks.

Tonks is only one Metphopurus or whatever its called. That would be only ONE decoy and they needed several decoys (6). I do like the symbolism of the motorcycle coming to deliver Harry from the Dursleys since its the same one which delivered Harry TO the Dursleys 16 years earlier.

Interesting its more illegal at the start of the 7 book then it was at the start of the 5th book and for similar reasons.

Aside from having an event where spectators can’t spectate, how was Fake Moody supposed to get Harry’s body back to make it look like an accident? The Portkey goes to the stage. Which would mean that if they were going to make it look like an accident, they would need to make it look like he died right as he touched the Portkey. Except they were planning to AK him, which doesn’t leave any marks. Any other marks they make on him would be posthumous. If forensics are anywhere near as advanced as they are in our world, then they would be able to tell that the marks were made after death.

So the situation there is that they were planning to send him back to a crowd, everyone else taken out, with clear signs that someone cast the AK to kill him. If they check everyone else’s wands, they can tell that none of them cast the AK, so it had to be someone outside the maze. That would be even more attention-getting than anything else Fake Moody could do, since not only do you have the clear murder of a teen celebrity, having him in the tournament drags two other governments into it.

Whereas if you steal him in the middle of the night and grab his invisibility cloak (which Fake Moody should know about, since Snape knew about it), then stick him in a trap staircase, it looks like he was sneaking around and broke his neck. Way less attention-grabbing.

Yes, that is why I’m saying that the law was illegal. The person who made it was either under Imperius (they’re not clear on this) or was committing treason. So, if they win the war, then they can easily get any criminal charges overturned, especially if Harry survives.

Also, you can enchant a Portkey ahead of time and set it to activate at a particular time (as they do in the fourth book). And the government can’t tell that you made one, since Dumbledore makes one at Christmas in the fifth book to get Harry to Grimmauld Place and he doesn’t get arrested for that.

Sure, but if they had him going along with it, then they trusted him with Harry’s safety. And they were at least somewhat right to do so, since he was only objecting to being put in danger (which he told them upfront). He’s reliable enough when you’re not asking him to die.

And how does that contradict the idea that the Ministry can’t tell who did what, so they can’t arrest someone who cast a spell there?

They’re already criminals in the eyes of the Ministry, since the Ministry is taken over by Voldemort and they’re fighting him. He could easily have them all arrested for treason without any proof necessary. Why do they need to avoid committing crimes?

No, out on the lawn, Tonks referred to Ron as Ron.

So they can make five polyjuice potions and then have the sixth be Tonks.

They’re already criminals in the eyes of the Ministry, since the Ministry is taken over by Voldemort and they’re fighting him. He could easily have them all arrested for treason without any proof necessary. Why do they need to avoid committing crimes?

Except the Ministry hasn’t fallen yet, it doesn’t fall until August 1st. It just Voldy has a lot of people being imperious (including Thickness or what his name). So that with Rufus, still at head as of July 27, he would probably do the right thing and make it unillegally

Okay my mistake, but you’re right, after Ron was PP as Harry did, Tonks refer to Ron as Ron.

I really wish I could finish that Harry Potter Disney Musical fanfic, but I’m having trouble with the 6th year.

I believe that there’s a radius around the house on the ground that Dumbledores protection spreads to.

Okay, you’re right. And Scrimgeour would definitely pardon the Order for rescuing Harry, even if it was “illegal”. So they don’t need to worry about “committing crimes” by rescuing him, so the whole thing is ridiculous.

Well, yeah. The sixth book has no plot.

has no plot? Come on, Draco goes from book 1 “I can’t wait to be King” to Mal (From Descendants) “If Only” in book 6. And Harrys struggles with his feelings for Ginny. And Ron snogs Lavender

Prince Ali,
Let it Go (either about Harry’s Suspicions of Draco/him not shutting up about the Half-Blood Prince)
“Kiss the Girl” for when Harry actually goes to kiss Ginny
For Hermione/Ginny “I wouldn’t say I’m in love”
and maybe, “Feel the Love tonight” after Bill is Mauled by Greyback?

Kissing is not a plot. And if the book was from Draco’s point of view, then yes, that would be a plot. But it’s not. The closest you get is Harry stalking him, which is also not a plot.

1 Like

There is a plot, Voldy’s back in the open the Minstry’s trying to deal with it and Voldy tasks Draco with something impossible just to give the Malfoys problems and Harry is supcious of Malfoy but his friends don’t listen.

But the Plot isn’t the problem, I don’t need the plot. It just the fanfic follows the books closely, and I have no idea how to write the 6th year beside having a reprise of the A Man out of You Chorus from Mulan during the Battle of the Astronomy Tower. Oh and a bit of the Belle Reprise?

Two of those things are not focused on, and in the latter case, Ron and Hermione are ridiculously out of character. In the second book, they were willing to cook up an illegal potion and sneak into the Slytherin dorms just because they had a completely unfounded suspicion that Malfoy was involved. The trio have never missed an opportunity to attack him before. But in the sixth book, they have evidence and completely ignore it.

Also, Harry could have just pulled up Malfoy’s sleeve and called it a day.

the only songs I have for book 6:

Prince Ali (Dumbledore singing it to Slughorn)
Let it Go (either for Harry’s Stalking Malfoy/or about the Half-Blood Prince text book)
Kiss the Girl (for Harry Kissing Ginny)
and “Feel the Love tonight”.
And a reprise of the Chorus from “I will make a Man out of You” for the Battle of the Astronomy Tower.
the songs are connected to the characters’ personailities or something about the plot

Harry DID want to pull up Draco’s sleeve, but no one would listen to him. I mean they suspected Snape in first year, turned out he was inoccent, they susgested Malfoy 2nd year, inncocent. In 4th year they thought it was Karloff but he was inccocent.

That was never even suggested. And they suspected Umbridge of wrongdoing in the fifth book and they were completely right, so why would they suddenly change their minds?

I still want to write the 6th year. I mean the first part would be good (Dumbledore singing “Prince Ali”. but other then that I’m lost. Beside the end w/ a Chorus)