Fur, fangs, feathers and scales

Yes, yes he has.

The temperature dropped last night to freezing for the first time this season, but I knew it’d be warm enough during the day to not turn on my heater yet. I kept waking up trapped under my covers because someone was cold and he won’t snuggle under blankets. I bet if I had a bigger bed than a twin sized, I’d still be on the edge!

It was 63°F inside when I woke up, so not too bad, but Wicket’s preference is above 70°F.

1 Like

I have been CHOSEN many a time, but the cat lives in my house and I do not live in Egypt. Therefore she is treated like my daughter. As in “I am getting up now whether you like it or not!”.

2 Likes

How I know its cold: more willingness to snuggle. I moved him into my lap and he started to leave, before stopping to smell my socks (preferred thing to smell: the inside of human shoes.) and then realizing I’m warm and so he stayed. He looks really chunky, but he’s not.

5 Likes

Happy 2nd birthday to our Lucy!

10 Likes

This little guy was in my husbands greenhouse at work yesterday.

7 Likes

Ooh, spotted salamander!

I used to keep tiger salamanders as a kid (rescued from bait shops). They’re a related species.

1 Like

Not my dog but my boss had one of her dogs at work yesterday. Pets were demanded and received.

8 Likes

This silly dog got this ball today. It squeaks a high pitch. When we first pulled it out of the package and squeaked it, he hid behind his human and peeked around him. Now, of course, he wants to play keep away so we cannot take the ball.

6 Likes

Asking for good thoughts for Henrietta tomorrow. She’s going to the vet and they’ll probably have to pull at least 4 teeth. So please send lots of hugs long distance to her.

9 Likes

Good thoughts!!! She’ll probably feel so much better once they’re out!

3 Likes

I think so too.

1 Like

My last cats had terrible teeth, and by the end of their lives only had a few fangs each. It didn’t noticeably affect their eating - except for the time I gave them a turkey neck at Christmas, and they couldn’t tear the meat off the bone so basically just gummed it to death.

My current boy had three broken canines when he was picked up off the streets (having seen him use the remaining one as a lever I can guess why) and nothing slows him down :slight_smile:

Henrietta will be much happier with the hurty teeth gone, although I know that the GA is always a worry.

4 Likes

We don’t know much about her history (we got her and Lucy from a rescue) so we don’t know if she was on the street or anything. We’ve had them 7 months now. But it feels like they’ve always been here.

4 Likes

Betty got three teeth taken out yesterday. She was really sleepy afterwards but seems fine today.

7 Likes

Henrietta is doing well. The vet took 4 teeth (no front ones) and only charged $365. A lot less than we expected.

8 Likes

I am the cat whisperer! These two approached me for fusses while I was waiting outside.

First kitty wanted to stand on my lap and rub his face all over my feet.

Second kitty wanted to come view the house with me, so I had to take her back outside.

Apparently had been running into that house a lot, and the estate agent is scared of cats. Got back into the house as I was leaving, so I had to carefully pick her up and put her back on the street. Only for the cat then trying to race the estate agent to the door.

11 Likes

A discussion about my cat’s murder mittens resulted in the following comment:

“My client is merely lawfully carrying the tools of his trade, (Ohlson-v- Hilton [1975] 1 WLR 724, [1975] 2 All ER 49) and I do trust that my learned colleague is not attempting to conflate thoughts with deeds as that would be a very slippery slope to commence upon.”

I never knew that cat ownership would teach me so much about case law…

8 Likes

Things I never thought I’d need to say to a cat:

“Tape is not edible! TAPE IS NOT EDIBLE!”

Had to push him away gently, because he doesn’t listen when it involves eating box tape, or lantana leaves.

9 Likes

Sammy was bad today. He decided to run out the door when my mil had the door open. Fortunately he came right back in.

2 Likes

Mr. Sammy is waiting for you in his office for your yearly evaluation

10 Likes