Fur, fangs, feathers and scales

This is one of 11 of our feather babies, but this is MY blue and gold Wendy. She is my best friend and loves to travel. She is the bestest girl. Except right now because she has all new pin feathers (after molting when new feathers come in) and they hurt and are making her cranky but she’s amazing.

12 Likes

Ok I’m going to post some pics of past and present pets. So we have Sammy and Noah (Noah is orange). Those are our two present pets. Then we have Kole, the dog, Dino Velvet (window kitty), and Smokey.

13 Likes

Our Leo enjoying the sunset

9 Likes

Here’s a picture of my fish, about a foot long and probably about five years old now. A hardy guy that needs a bigger tank lol
His dorsal fin and tail flares out really large like a sail, but he flattens them down when he’s chilling, so it’s harder to get a good picture of them.
(Ignore the fact the tank looks rather bare, he periodically decides he prefers the decorations to be flat or floating and knocks them all out of place)

One species of Pleco or “Algae Eater”.
(posted in honor of the pet store story that sold to a customer that had a too small and too overcrowded tank. Unfortunately Plecos are often billed as “easy” fish that “will keep your tank clean”, without mention of how they poop a lot and will grow to be massive and won’t prevent you from needing to clean up algae. He’s not a difficult fish, but does need care and special considerations, and a big tank!)

8 Likes

The kitty says "enough for today "

10 Likes

Our guy got coned! He had a large, terrifying histiocytoma on his jaw, which got removed this Monday, and now he has to wear the cone to prevent scratching.
Fortunately, he’s not that bothered by its presence. :smiley:

8 Likes

Aw poor boy!
Makes sniffing around difficult, too! I hope he recovers fast

2 Likes

This is my baby girl Tilly, who is 18 months old. She’s super cute, fully aware of this fact, and uses it to her advantage frequently!

Loves: treats, catnip, little balls, things on strings, the toilet rolls

Hates: being touched when she hasn’t requested it, not getting to go outside when it’s dark, biscuits that have been in her bowl for more than a couple of hours

10 Likes

I’m glad the histiocytoma was successfully removed, and I wish your guy a smooth, uncomplicated recovery!

I envy you his equanimity about the cone. Our cat Tweek lacked that, when she had to wear one; this was her facial expression when she realized she couldn’t get it off, and her irritation with it lasted the whole time she had to wear it. “There’s this THING, and it’s on my NECK, and it’s STILL THERE, and it’s STILL THERE NOW, and…”

6 Likes

Took these pics of my babies this morning. Oreo and Smore

7 Likes

This is Betty using Busta as a pillow.

And this is Betty with her christmas present.

8 Likes

Little guy dreaming about flying as superman, after dealing with the stress of a normal flight :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

My girl guarding her box and the boy who sleeps like he’s dead

9 Likes

Several cheers for cats who sleep in crazy positions! Here’s Willow in one of her stranger ones. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Only one word comes to mind when I see a cat stretched out like that. Smuffles!

2 Likes

Dreaming about Superman too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Someone got a new playground today

11 Likes

Wonderful! If I put that on our wall, our cat wouldn’t give a toss. Is Leo an indoor cat?

1 Like

Yes, we’re working on cat proofing the balcony, but yeah, he’s an indoor cat. Before that an on-boat-cat, so he was outside but wasn’t allowed to roam freely.

I put some snacks up there and tossed his favorite toy up on the bridge, he definitely loved that. Now he’s super tired from all the climbing and naps in a cardboard box on the floor :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

He has been a busy boy today :hammer_and_wrench::cat2:

9 Likes