Funny Reviews

A place for sharing reviews that are either amusing, or look very clearly fake. Like this one:

What a disaster! Extremely rude staff at the bird show, the caterpillar rollercoaster, and the balloon guy; infested with wasps; dilapidated attractions. Cannot comprehend how there are so many positive reviews. Daughter fell through a ten foot drop in the soft play, which also had no safety measures in place to stop people wandering off with your kids (fine if you have one child, abysmal if you have more to keep track of.) Terribly disappointing few hours. Would strongly advise anyone considering [theme park] to visit the similar park [rival? theme park] nearby.

Which reads more like someone working at the rival park trying to advertise their own.

Also, I have to give a special mention to the guy who started their review with:

Unfortunately had a very bad experience. I went here with my wife for a day out, spending nearly £400 in a cab to travel here.

Even if the rest of the review was mostly tame, who spends £400 to get a taxi somewhere and then blames the place they went to?

5 Likes

On newegg, from all the way back in 2007–when I built my first computer–I came across this actual gem regarding a 450VX power supply:

Rating: 5/5 eggs
Pros: sILVER

Cons: i RUBBED IT ON THE CARPET AND IT WAS DOA AFTER THAT. NO IEDEA

Overall Review: USE RAIDMAX NEXT TIME OK

This troll review always made me chuckle. At the time, even with my then new-to-building naivety, I was already aware of two things: rubbing a power supply on the carpet will kill it (darn you static electricity!) and that Raidmax power supplies are only really usable as paperweights.

4 Likes

I don’t have many “funny” reviews I’ve come across, BUT a car wash near my parents home have the SASSIEST replies that bring me thorough joy. For example, this was a reply to a review about the company damaging someone’s vehicle.

Blockquote Unfortunately [person’s G name] washed his older Jeep and didn’t have any issues during the wash or when he towel dried his vehicle. Later he was driving on the freeway and the plastic trim on his fender flew off. How he can claim the car wash broke his trim is beyond us. I guess we’ll be blamed for everything that falls off or breaks on his aging vehicle for the next month.

1 Like