Favorite things

How about a thread for our favorite things? Some things just make you smile. They don’t even have to be very expensive, or very new. It might be a gift you received that reminds you of the giver, or an item that just does its job very well. Post it here (with a photo if practical) and explain why that thing makes your day a teeny bit better.

1 Like

I thought of this thread because I just opened a new package of these.

They are 2-cup containers that I use all the time for leftovers, for food prep, and for freezing stuff. I love the fact that they stack when empty - but don’t jam. They have a one-cup mark on the side so that I can use them to help measure portions. If I put them in the freezer, the lid never gets frozen on — I can always open it. It’s a twist lid, so there are no worries about whether the thing is sealed properly or not. I know I sound silly rhapsodizing over a piece of plastic, but I used so many other things that did not do a very good job, before I stumbled on these.

2 Likes

I have a stuffed bear which was hand-made by my older sister who was 8 at the time for my first birthday. It was 5/6 years before Build a Bear was every a thing. It’s blue with at least one stripe which I think is white. On it’s neck is some ribbon. It used to have sound coming out it when you pressed a paw. I don’t remember the other song-but the one of the 2 songs that it played was “Row Row your boat”. But the sound thing is now dead and unfortunely there’s no way of replacing it.

3 Likes

One song that will always always make me happy (and I sing along badly to) is “When I come around” by Green Day.

Also, tiny humans discovering things (my niece and “nephews”) and my Sunday school kids telling me about the teeth they have lost (5-7 year olds).

2 Likes