Dreams you had you swore were real

So let’s talk about dreams, or nightmare, you swore were real.

The one that sticks out in my mind is I was at an amusement park with my family when I was young. My dad and I were in one of those cars you ‘drive’ and there’s a thing down the center to keep you the road. I was driving and somehow our car jumped over the divider and we crashed.

I swore that it was real. Because of that I was scared to death to learn to drive. Finally I fessed up after I got my license at 21 or so and my mom told me it was just a dream. But it was so real!

So what about everyone else?

2 Likes

I had a dream twice about being in a tornado. At the end of the second dream I was woken up by a tornado

5 Likes

This is a good one. Its a nightmare I had twice at least as a very young child-4 maybe 5 years old And I had it once as an adult. In the first version Mom and I are walking home from the train station after a day in (City) we’re on a bridge overtop of a highway near the train. Now for some reason I turn around and know what I found? Car drives up on and literally ONTO the SIDEWALK and it’s chasing Mom and I down. In the 2nd version it’s basically the same but for some reason we’re more closer to home when the car drives up onto the sidewalk.

The only other times I thought my dreams were real. One time I dreamt I got up to do a number 2 in the morning only to find out-I actually did have to get up and do a number 2.

This is a twist-I dream it and it had actually happened:

Another time I was sick in summer and after getting up to use the washroom in the night. On my way back to bed-I somehow must have collapse and dozed off right outside my sister’s and my respective bedrooms. I was in such a deep sleep that I dreamed the pile of blankets which was piled right near and above where I had fallen back asleep-had fallen down on me. When I woke up it actually did happen

And there’s a couple o times I had dreams where I was late to something. The last time was the Thursday of March 2020.

1 Like

When I was a kid I was very obsessed with my two favorite cuddly toys, it was a pair of kittens (I’ve still got them, actually!)

One night I dreamt that I had two of each, making it 4 in total. The next say I was freaking out because two were missing and my dad tried to explain that I never had them. I can still remember that feeling of loss, hurt and confusion.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I have a few, but they’re mostly lost these days. Vivid dreams are apparently a side effect of some of the meds I take… as well as a symptom of my mental illness.

Although not quite at the “swore they were real” level, there was a dream not to long ago I had that I had to testify against a mafia boss after having asked a favor of him, and ended up lying on the stand. It was so “real” that a few days later I had to double-check with my mom that it was just a dream.

As a teenager, I also had a very disturbing (and exceptionally vivid and realistic) dream of a black cat outside our apartment calling me a “devil child” in a disturbingly high pitched and “growly” voice, leading me to go outside and try to strangle it. It took WEEKS to reassure myself that it was merely a nightmare.

3 Likes

I once got up, got dressed drove the 35 miles to work, got on with my design drawings…

…only to then wake up for real. The rest of the morning was one deja vu episode after another, as I could have sworn I’d already done that.

4 Likes

Oh I definitely have had experiences where around 4pm I realize that the grumpiness I felt all day is from being mad at someone for what they did in my dream the night before. Can’t even remember what they did, but it sucks to realize you’re mad at someone for something you dreamed up! And then you try to explain the dream logic and they’re like “So you’re mad at me…because I wouldn’t stop poking you… in your dream…”

5 Likes

The dreams, I do remember are awfully, real. Which is really annoying when you have kidnapping/captive dreams. Last night, i dreamed of what I guess was a vertial school, and somehow, a hedgehog was in the staff room, and it bit me and didn’t let go.

I had such a bad dream last night I wished I had the dream which had John Hurt’s character from Spaceballs saying “Not Again!”

I had a dream that I adopted a little white kitten named Noah. I remember vividly which neighbour’s hedge I found her under, and taking her to the vet and finding out she didn’t have an owner, and being worried about introducing her to Betty (which went much better than it ever would reality). When I woke I looked over to where Betty and Noah would be sleeping and cried as I realised Noah never existed.

Then several months later I’m playing Sims 2 and get my sim to adopt a cat. One of the options was a little white kitten named Noah. That’s when I remembered that very same kitten was collected by the sims animal welfare people after her owner died, and that was at least several weeks before I had the dream.

1 Like

When I was very, very young I had dream that my Dad and I jumped a wall in his car and for years I was convinced it had really happened until I casually brought it up in a conversation with him and he looked at me like I was insane.

1 Like