Does such a thing exist?

If you’ve a need for a product, your searches come up with the wrong thing, and you’ve no idea even if what you’re after even exists, why not ask the NAR collective?

Here’s what i need.

I have a digital piano, but i do play late into the night. I’ve had no complaints, but i don’t want to push my luck.

Headphones is the obvious answer, but i don’t want the lead getting in the way. My keyboard doesn’t have Bluetooth, and i can’t afford an ipad; Apple products are the only tablet devices it can connect to.

So what i need is a pair of wireless headphones that has a transmitter that can connect to the 7mm jack in the back of my keyboard.

Does such a thing exist?

1 Like

There are Bluetooth adapters that can plug into things to make them Bluetooth compatible. My dad has one, though admittedly it doesn’t work all that well.

2 Likes

Message sent, size probably not correct.

2 Likes

Seconding AthenaCat, OR if they can do USB/USBc, a LOT of gaming headphones probably work (like mine, which I use for my mac: https://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/arctis-7-plus)

1 Like

With the suggestions made here and DM, ive been able to find a few products. One i found on Amazon looked ideal, but when i read the review it had a poor latency, which means there is a delay between playing a note and hearing it.

So now i need to check reviews for fast latency. CJR sent me a link to one; can’t see reviews on that site, so I’ll have to check if it’s reviewed elsewhere.

No USB port that i can use on my keyboard, unfortunately

2 Likes

Things likee this should work in your case. These are links to Indian shops but I think the Amazon one should also be available in your country.

1 Like

Frustratingly, both of those have a latency that the reviews/small print say is unsuitable for instruments.

Still, it’s good to know that things like this exist, so there may be one suitable for instruments. Ive got to go into Birmingham on Saturday, so I’ll probably pop into my favourite music shop and see if they have anything there. If it’s not too pricy I’ll get it (or learn to live with wired headphones!)

1 Like

Bluetooth will always have latency if not used for phones. I connected my Bluetooth headset to my new smart TV and faced latency immediately. Almost a second-long delay, if not more. Especially external devices.

2 Likes